Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: lil red s10's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View lil red s10's profile Entries: 7
Views: 1183
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

04-22-2012 10:47 AM rigor-mortis of the suspension.
decided to get her ready for the long trek over to cali next month. She's leaning to the left and it irritates me. so, i went ahead n bout some DJM 2" drop coils and shocks p/n 1315 for the front and 2400 for the rear. yesterday, changed out the tranny fluid which actualy went quite well. but the exhaust took a crap on me, so, i bought a cheap turbo thrush muffler, and have that 90% of the way installed. i need 1 clamp. i'll get her on in a few and post more pics under the truck.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

01-28-2012 07:04 PM hard find
Went to look for a crank and some 5.7 rods. ended up finding out the guy i went to talk to have some 062 Vortec heads laying around that he doesn't want to use because he went carb'd due to the spider injection. i'm going to have to take em off his hands soon.

[Entry #6]

08-14-2011 08:47 AM one man's loss.....
found a machined block going for 200 on CL... turns out some one stole his rear main cap... he said the lowest he can go... would be 150.... so i HAD to take him up on it... he sent pics... the block was crazy clean. and he preserved it in oil... every two weeks, he'd clean it and rub it down again. only thing is... this one will probably only be a 350 since my 30 over pistons wont fit.. i don't want to force it! i need to mic the block.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

08-14-2011 08:44 AM sad day in chevy land
found out my block was cracked... sucked ***.... need a new one... sucks that i paid 300 for this block... dont know wtf i was thinking. and yes... two cracks.. one on each side...

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

08-07-2011 03:58 PM random pics
few pics of the truck... it's been so long since i bought it... i can't remember exactly where i was through the project at this point. i do know it's my DD... and i have to get my wife a SUV so i can get my car back and tear this down. i hate the little 2.2 inside of it and plan on selling it.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

Pages (2): [1] 2