Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Jano's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Jano's profile Entries: 8
Views: 2753
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

10-11-2011 06:47 AM Model A Tudor: Back From Randy's
Notice the original Chevy tilt steering column with the silly looking Grant steering wheel on the left. This is the column whose lock cylinder came out with the key.

Randy replaced that with a '46 Ford column and a '48 Ford steering wheel. The column shifter has been connected to the TH400 tranny under the car.

The original steering column lock and ignition switch is also ready for use. A local locksmith spent 4 evenings making a key from scratch. He only charged me $20, saying he hadn't done such a fun project in years.

The heater is a "Vintage Chevy Chevrolet Ford Heating Unit Heater" I found on eBay.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

10-11-2011 06:34 AM Model A Tudor: Back From Randy's
Does the original front end look a little bare in the picture on the left? Right, no shocks.

Randy took care of that.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

10-11-2011 06:32 AM Model A Tudor: Back From Randy's
The stupid half rack steering has been replaced with a proper cross steering Vega box.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

10-11-2011 06:28 AM Model A Tudor: Back From Randy's
The car came home from Randy's a couple of weeks ago.

Remember the flimsy front hairpin bracket? Don't think it is going to fold up now.

The rear spring perches should support the car and the "tater diggers" are gone.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

10-08-2011 08:23 AM Model A Tudor: Off To Randy's
The car sat for a year while I planned its build, started collecting parts and, most importantly, got my wife's '34 running so she could drive it.

Then it was off to my good friend Randy's house for the major fabrication work. I can do all of the mechanical stuff, but my welding and fabrication skills are limited, so I leave that to him.

While Randy had the car, I replaced the original WalMart trailer lights with '41 Chevy lights, built a 327 to replace the bone stock 305 that came in the car, and rounded up some vintage wheels to go on it. (And did more work on my wife's car.)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

Pages (2): [1] 2