Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 1937MoPar's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 1937MoPar's profile Entries: 6
Views: 1126
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

12-25-2011 12:29 PM Getting there....I think
I have made alot of progress. The frame is together and alot of parts have been purchased.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

10-30-2011 04:21 PM motor mounts
welded the cross member in. frame is driving me nuts its warped.
made my motor mounts.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

10-13-2011 09:57 PM progress
I received the plates in the mail. $120 for 12'' plates. Sucks. Straightened the frame out alittle bit, tack welded the plates in, and started laying beads. Ordered the 32 ford cross member from speedway and found some nice box tubing at the steel yard for rear braces.

[Entry #4]

09-26-2011 12:23 AM Frankenstien Part 1
Dissection of the 74 year old cadaver begins.
The frame is in exceptional shape except for the rear drivers side rail. A 10" section had cancer. Previous owner welded a plate over it with a half inch weld to attempt to cover it up.What is worse? A random 1/8" plate over a rust spot, or just the rust spot? (It was orgasmic grinding it off). I cut the section out and welded in a new piece.Smoothed it out the best i could.

Next I ground every rivet of the cross members and frame rails.
Started to fill in the holes with steel washers.

Ordered the partial rear boxing plates from Progressive Auto in Ohio. My thought is that I can save some cash by just getting the half length plates and making my own for the front. The rear has alot more arches and bends, the front is straight. I dont have alot of the tools required to do this.

I got a 4 1/2" band saw from a friend for 40 bones. Just had to get a new blade. Hopefully it will make life alot easier.

Now I await the plates to come in the mail....

[Entry #3]

09-26-2011 12:13 AM Dawn of the dismemberment
She embodied the original front axle and steering set up. The engine and transmission gone. The original rear axle also gone. A failed replacement of a 10 bolt was hacked out of a GM vehicle with partial frame rails attached. Someone attempted to unite both frame rails together, but it was just a clobbered up weld mess.

Steering box, front axle/suspension, and rear axle setup..off to the scrap yard hell.

Cab and bed removed and set aside. Full focus on the frame.

[Entry #2]

Pages (2): [1] 2