Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Luv machine's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Luv machine's profile Entries: 14
Views: 1468
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

01-08-2013 04:13 PM mouse trap
Got the steel cut & bent, But It's raining and man did we need it so no complaints it'll be nice this week end get some drilling, grinding, fabbing ahhhhh the fun. also put a new angle on the stock WOT pedal sorry no pick of that my bad, set it a a total of 2" that's plenty of room for the braided cable and ends will give photo of things completed this weekend.

That's pending good weather..(lol)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

01-07-2013 02:27 PM mouse trap
Got some plumbing done, fuel line is in the engine bay. Made a bracket for the WOT cable (lol) came out pretty good after 25 minutes of griding. Kid said he could weld really wanted to help so my sing but that's part of Hot Rodding teach and pass along some knowledge, all in all it came out like a molded part in rough polish it's aluminum. have to modify the WOT pedal it's about 3/4" from fire wall vice it and bend.
New belt arrived perfect size... BUT there are 3 water pumps I didn't choose the corvette chrome pump!!! SO buy new pump or make new bracket. Pulled the bracket study the picture.
You Can Do It, Fab new bracket then Gilmer will fully engauge water pump pully and I can eliminate spacer on water pump. Rain is comming so I'll have some inside time.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

12-16-2012 04:22 PM Mouse Trap
Well it sure has been great outside, got some things done got brackets made some still need to be modified and installed have a few more to make as well but did get a lot done it's coming down to plumbing and electrical. Then Fire it up break it in tear it down and paint. Just wish I'd stop changing my mind on some things that seams to cost some delays. On well, it's all good just havin fun!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

12-02-2012 03:56 PM Mouse Trap
Hey Man, been nice wheather is holding out was nice today got a lot of things done. Heat guard for brake lines mocked up just need to weld it up some fitting good to go there, Had to change the way I wanted to mount it. Space is tight I will not build another of these Got a GASSER in the brain ( LOL) Any way fan worked FFD nice product so far it worked when I jumped it had to set it up as a pusher just no room inside the engine bay.
Have to pick up some POR don't know which one yet as there is light pitting on the inside bottom is still as smooth as day one. (Southern Comfort ?) shifter was set in place but not bolted down have some POR to do and need to make another plate for where the old shifter used to be. Trying to save as much as I can.
Super big thanks to my gal and her phone emails me pics need a new camera ( Dang it ) Ya'll enjoy more to come.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

11-22-2012 05:05 AM Mouse Trap
Back Home, Made a change on the oil pan put on an aluminum one it was a sweet deal I found on my travels. Moved the left front brake lines out still have to fab up the shield for it. will enclose a pick later still setting up a new PC. Did run into another problem my air gap intake will not work with my top center mount alternator seems the thermostate housing is to foward and high. Went next door grab an old Torker intake made up the difference but It's old I'm looking at another polished intake waiting to hear from them on the measurments I needed. Running modified power pack heads no bolt hole in the front, as well as limited space in the engine compartment limited my selection of alternater mounting. Really gettin close to fire up have all the toys so I'll be busy putting it together. Have a great Thanksgiving Ya'll

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3