Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Luv machine's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Luv machine's profile Entries: 14
Views: 1650
now viewing from the beginning || view most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

10-21-2011 08:22 AM Mouse Trap
Well made some progress got most of the suspesion in yesterday, 12 position QA1 mounted ball joints tie rods torsion bars are gone now.engine bay is cleaned and painted that was done earlery Going to run the e brake cable as is for now until I come up with something better still have to make a small mod to it but I'm still thinking on a set up inside . as these trucks are smaller than a S-10 space is limited in the cab. As we want a console (she does) would be nice I guess. Today it's put the block together just a small 283 40 over had to go that far just to clean up the taper on the cylinders no scars bearings were great darn ole pistons were still standard amazing. conserned on the rods although. machine sop didn't number them. Will it be OK? or is there something to watch out for I know about the arrow to the front.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

10-21-2011 04:08 PM mouse trap
Bad day, Started good put crank in torque 30.50,70 torque and turn on every journel it all turned good 3,2,4,1,5 maybe I installed cam to soon? but it all still turned put Number 1 piston in torqued it 40 went to turn crank tight as a drum. Heat of Texas?backed off the piston and started pulling it down from there I'm line bored as well as 40 on the jugs. Anal how it comes off and goes on,backed it all off started at 30 again you can feel 30 went way past this is the 3rd tool in 2 weeks I guess I sat idel too long on the tools so I ordered new bearings I'm afraid of them now after finder torque wrench is ( well at least it was'nt 90ed to the concrete wall. might look good on the gate now let it get rusty(ARRGGGHHHH) Sorry guys I need to figure some other things out.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

10-22-2011 01:41 PM mouse trap
Better day, bought a new torque wrench,(OUCH) left the engine alone today did some welding on custom rear bumpers. I'm sorry purest, yes, I cut up 69 corvette bumpers. I think It'll be a nice touch to the truck when done they match the 72 luv bumper pretty good. just about got the mounting brackets done.
Well time to pop a top, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

11-13-2011 03:52 PM mouse trap
Sorry Journal I haven't posted in a while, Got it right today!! Getting close to some Photo time Just to Darn tired I was sweating this. It's all good now' Parts enroute Tuesday heads go on ,Adjst valves Hook some small stuff up Drop it in...

[Entry #11]

11-17-2011 07:40 AM Mouse Trap
Been a couple good days wrenching engine together now valve cover wonn't work unless I modify them a bit. Put them on CL found another set will order them look nicer hopefully will get engine and trans installed this weekend.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3