Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Luv machine's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Luv machine's profile Entries: 14
Views: 1600
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3

06-24-2012 07:09 AM mouse trap
It's good to be back home, ordering more parts have to pull the engine don't want to risk damaging headers to modify brake lines I think 1/8" from header is to close will fab up a sheild as well. will post a picture when completed. Gonna be working 10's hour drive so time will be limited to weekends. at least I'm home again. Did find some gauge overlays at whitegauges.net lots of different face options great product for price and a tutor to show how it's done before you buy. A great option for a custom look and less $$$$

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

02-25-2012 03:56 PM mouse trap
Hey, I got what I wanted a mild winter like everyone else almost. Then the phone rang had to go hang pipe. Been off a week now , Honey do list is sitting in good with the lady of the house. Made some more ground work fitted the radiator mounted some pulleys ( mock up) need to make a few brakets for the radiator to keep it in place. Got some gauges mounted as well as the tach took a few pics. Thinking about wiring now for the alt. ( Thanks Horvath for your post 10 24 03 about mad electrical .com) Did a search wish I would of seen 2 wire vs 3 wire sooner I did like the Part # cn-1 gonna use it for now until I get a new wire harness so I can up grade things Headlights is the best H4 some other additions to follow as well. Getting close but things are stating to get busy work is picking up just waiting for the phone to ring. More later goonna have a beer now.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

11-30-2011 04:01 PM mouse trap
Did some small stuff today truck sits good going to take the 2 in lowering blocks out of the rear. Then I should be able to put a 275/60 15" . Got good travel on the front suspension sits nice and the coils don't bind good spacing made the right choice on springs. linkage is hooked up on the shifter works great. Have 4-3/4" of ground clearance on the headers, Gotta watch the speed bumps I'm sure. Still a lot to do, Can only hope for a mild Texas winter. As I have no shop. More later.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

11-26-2011 01:30 PM mouse trap
Well it's been another stuffing day gone by, Got back to the garage to day mated the tranny to the new heartbeat lifted and installed. Lost the use of parking brake and right front brake line needs a redo. But I'm runng full headers so I was not surprised by my finding all in all done in 4 hours. had to stop B.S. Bench race you know how it goes on the weekend holidays.
Now to get back to the house for winter maybe Sunday!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

11-17-2011 06:40 AM Mouse Trap
Been a couple good days wrenching engine together now valve cover wonn't work unless I modify them a bit. Put them on CL found another set will order them look nicer hopefully will get engine and trans installed this weekend.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3