Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: mr_firewall's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View mr_firewall's profile Entries: 52
Views: 10759
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (11): 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

05-27-2013 01:57 AM new update
well guys the attempt didn't work put it all back together and not sure if i made it a bit to long or what but felt like it was right but as soon as engine turned over i herd a click and then shaft didn't turn so back 2 drawing board just my luck looks like. so unless i can find the 2 parts for a 1968 Mercedes benz 220 2.2l parts are the bottom distributor shaft and the top of the oil pump shaft. i may have 2 scrap engine and start over and if so may be a while.

[Entry #42]

05-24-2013 01:56 AM ran into problems with oil pressure
well bad news guys the ratrod engine was in worsh shape then i thought the oil pump stem isnt turning i pulled the oil pan and pump today and found the ears to the upper part that turns the pump and the ears are what the pump flange sticks up in.its kinda like a chevy v8 theres 2 ears that hang down and the flange stick up between the flanges.i checked on pump and it cost more then replaceing the engine and cant find the actule part i need. there is a small gap still there so i may be able to extend the actul arm and it may make engine useable for a while or may hold forever i cant say much engine is a 1968 so it has some age on it just would hate to have to replace the whole setup as i dont have the stuff to do it lol.and also all the work ive put in it
o well ill try to keep i informed on how the fix turns out lol
well im still trying to get the top piece out lol 2 remove it i may have to remove the timeing gear 2 remove top half of the shaft may get away with adding to bottom shaft as theres not alot of pressure on it since it doesnt have the manual fuel pump
ill figure it out lol u know me. if i have to it will be running a 20 hp briggs and stratton lol

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #41]

05-24-2013 01:40 AM new update
found 1 of a set of winser step ups for a pickup thought it would make some good exaust tips lol here are a few photos of them after being cut and laying kinda in position lol trying to see what they will look like now to figure out if i want mufflers or not and how 2 downsize from like a 3 in pipe to a 1 and 7/8 in pipe lol remimber duels on a 4 cyl lol
well found out that cheapest set of glass pax was going to cost me over 50bux for 2 so decided to use what i had laying around for now.
found a old set of craftsman air tanks i had laying around lol only like 6 in round and then last peice of pipe is like 3 or 4 in round so the 4cyl with duals should rack pretty good lol u may hear it over my set of train air horns lol

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #40]

12-13-2012 12:52 AM its alive lol
ok i worked on carbs and put in a new set of plugs and with a little ajusting it lives lol
tryed 2 upload the video but dont know how
ok guys i installed the altenator had 2 do a little modifying due to the hanger being broken off, installed belt and worked on wireing harnus some will problly remove a bunch of wires since i wont be probly useing alot of the wireing for the ac and heater and other things that was on orignal car

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #39]

12-13-2012 12:43 AM here are more photos
more of the clutch

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #38]

Pages (11): 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11