The gap between the driver's side fender and the door increased to about one-half inch over the year spent messing with the cowl and the cab floor. I decided to move the mounting points back a quarter inch by pulling the fender edge back, using the remaining edge of the bed side for leverage, and also attaching the top mounting point to the top edge of the hood/bed side. I braced the fender edge using a piece from an extra Blazer front fender. It fit pretty well after massaging it with the shrinker-stretcher.
As on the passenger side, a piece of a Malibu door skin provides the basis for the three piece filler. The top piece has to be massaged with the English wheel, the shrinker and a hammer and dolly. Six or seven hours later, the three pieces are tacked together.
Started working on the driver's side A pillar by first adding some reinforcement with a piece of 11 guage from one of the spare door braces. I'll need to fill in the gap between the lower edge of the windshield frame and the edges of the door and fender. I used the patterns from the passenger side pillar to get a head start on the three pieces that make up the filler.