Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: gonzo08383's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View gonzo08383's profile Entries: 13
Views: 861
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

01-24-2012 09:31 PM brakes
newest addition, wilwood d52 dual piston binders. maybe the lead sled will stop sometime today

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

01-08-2012 10:06 PM the end is nigh!
no project car is ever truly "finished" but i have to take a break now. baby on the way! i need a lil mechanic helper anyway. in two years i think i've done quite well seeing as i've averaged 80 hrs a week at work and spare time has been in short supply. but overtime funds camaros! i'm happy with my car and the only thing i didnt build myself was the 700r4 i now have in it. i needed the overdrive and a lower first gear helps too. nothing wrong with the th350-c i built but i couldnt do 3300rpm's on the interstate anymore. the constant droning of the exhaust made the car miserable to drive, just a terrible frequency at 3300rpms, 3000 i could handle. wierd huh? i'm proud to say i built this thing from the ground up myself and no system has been un-altered. oh yeah, the vintage air sys was a must. it gets hot down south baw!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

01-08-2012 09:57 PM interior
remember that interior we talked about? well i'm doing something about it. too bad gm engineered so many rattles in this thing. i swear i cant find em all!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

01-08-2012 09:54 PM oooh getting excited now
you know ur making progress when you look at ur car one day and it dawns on you that you are making progress. just that one moment when it looks like someone elses car cuz u dont remember urs looking that good. its a good feeling to look at it and see a build taking shape

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

01-08-2012 09:50 PM getting there
well its coming along. not a show car by any means but she's drivable and performs fairly decent. its a fun car but the steering is so loose i dont want to take it to, oh i dont know, 140mph.....again......just hypothetically speaking. seriously kids 140 on 30 year old suspension is pretty dumb(especially when i'm the one who put it together)shhhh!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3