Because of the height/location of the bulk head the roof angle ended up wrong. I made up a couple of jigs, the one made of angle was to help hold the shape of the roof before cutting and during welding and the MDF one was to form the new shape at the back of the roof.
Well its back to the plan. Since I needed to make a few end panels the same shape for the door frames I decided to make a jig out 8mm flat bar. I used 1.2 mm steel for the entire inner frame work/panels. The only job left is to weld the frame to the cross members.
Well the plan was to build the e wheel and then finish off the door inner panel and then continue with the wire buck/roof. But once I had finished the e wheel I wanted to have a go so had a bash at the bonnet cowling which made of aluminium.
I am going to have to do some work on the roof at some stage before I can finish off the wire buck. For this I will need an English Wheel and I could not find any in the UK that I liked. So I end up making my own adjuster and frame but the anvils/top wheel came from US.
Thanks to the following:
Kerry Pinkerton for the e wheel adjuster article/design.
Richard Ferguson for the stiffness calculation spreadsheet.
Peggy at Hoosier Profiles for the excellent service.
With the hinge in place I mocked up the front part of the door inner frame so I could finish the wire frame for the front wing/bonnet section. The reason for the mock-up section was just to get the profile shape because I am in two minds whether to make the frame/body out of aluminium.