Now I have the both headlight casings finished and in position I then needed to make up the wirer headlight surrounds for the buck. The former will be used to form the wire to shape of the headlight case and also to position the wire surround in the buck. So I cut a wire former out of 10mm plate and then bolted it to a face plate so that I could heat the wire up to temperature and wrap it around the former. The next stage was to set up the jig cross members at the required angle so that I could use a piece of 30x30x3 box section to bolt the former to and then hang the box from the jig cross members, for the other side it was just a case flipping the former and box over and re-bolting them together for the opposite hand.
I needed to change the front wires which ran from the bonnet/grill to the wheel arches because they finished to low on the wheel arch and they just did not flow right. So the new wires start in the same place on the bonnet/grill but finish at the top of the wheel arch. I have also made up the other headlight case and finished off the spoiler.
I needed to make two bucks for the inner headlight case because of the design but I have made it so the two parts inter lock when fit into the metal case (they will also be bonded in when I have decide on the final colour). Since a lot of cars using projector lights do not use a reflective inner case I decided to play around with different colours of styrene sheet. After forming a couple of sets I decided to try out the silver grey since I think this would go well with a white car which is the favour of the month at the moment.
Now I know I can make the lens I needed to make the headlight housing. The housing was made of 1.6mm sheet steel. I also wanted to include the side light inside the headlight housing so I turned down some aluminium bar to mount the LED side light. The next job is to finish of the inside of the housing by making a buck and vacuum form some styrene to form a reflective inner cover.