I made a small jig out of MDF so I could make a pair of wire arches for the front wheels. This would let me see how the arches will look against the bonnet lines. Rolled the 8mm wire to the required diameter which gives a 40mm clearance between the tyre and the top and the arch and the overhang is 16mm.
Next job was to mount the radiator which is a Z3 BMW (M spec). I machined a couple of cups to hold the lower rubbers which bolt into the lower plates. The top bracket is 15mm box with two 90 degree flat bars welded to it, these slot into the top rubbers.
I never liked the idea of having a solid front end with nothing to absorb any crash energy. So I decided to install a front impact beam incorporating two Audi A4 crash shocks. Itís basely a mechanical system that compresses to absorb low speed crash energy. I had to make up a fitting kit to suit the Audi components. The front beam will be made from 80mm*40mm*3mm channel and will be sectioned at the back of the channel.