Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: No Sound's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View No Sound's profile Entries: 58
Views: 16148
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (12): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

03-14-2012 02:54 PM Roof modifications
Cut away all the old bulkhead just leaving the top panel and the fixing holes for the windscreen motor. Also put a semi-circular cut the top of the panel for the air filter this let me move the bulkhead forwards by 20mm.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #18]

03-06-2012 01:21 PM Trial fit of the roof.
Trial fit of the roof. Always intended changing the intake and twin carbs setup for a lower intake and a single carb. But with roof on the position of the bulkhead is to far back in relation to the door openings and were the door seal edges need to be extended from the chassis onto the Jag frame/roof. So I need to change the distributor and make a new bulkhead so the bulkhead can be moved forward and sit over the distributor and up against the single carb.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

02-29-2012 05:39 PM Roof
The plan was to buy an XJS windscreen and seal, fit the seal to the windscreen and then build a frame to fit the profile of the windscreen/seal.
Anyway the aftermarket seal was too big for the windscreen so I checked the seal specification with the supplier who told me the seal is normally big on the glass (50mm) but not on the frame, two piece seal you see (I got a refund)
So I went to the scrappy to get a frame, once at the scrappy I found out that the windscreen wiper mechanism is a lift out unit that fits into the front valance (great stuff) so why not just cut out the windscreen frame and quarter of the bulk head. Then I look at the roof and thought why not. The scrappy man was a bit confused.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

02-23-2012 03:14 PM Paint
Painted the chassis

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

02-16-2012 03:32 PM Pedal position
I made up the pedal mounts and did a trial fit of the pedal positions using box section.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

Pages (12): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12