Well, are you ever close to finished, I don't think so but I have the new trans in and had the engine bay painted while the engine was out. As well I had the dash painted and changed the instrument panel to a darker color to match the dash. I also put some new wheels on it. I'll drive it this summer as it is and next spring I'll switch it over to power steering and a new tilt column with a smaller wheel.
I am happy to say that I have been driving the car for the last 2 summers and it runs as good as it looks. I got the interior finished except for the headliner and installed front 3 way seat belts so here's a few pics. I also installed some gauges in the console so I can see how everything is working. I am planning on getting the dash painted soon as well. I also finally had a proper driveshaft made that weighs considerably less than the temporary one I put on originally. Not happy with the C4 transmission so I'm going to change it to an AOD when I find one. No one gets too close to it when my dog rides along.
Well I normally wouldn't call damage in storage a blessing but this time it worked out for me. I had the car in a portable garage over the winter and in spring when the ground thawed, the anchors came loose and the wind blew the garage against the car and scratched the sides. I was planning on painting the top half of the car this year anyways and ended up getting the insurance company to paint the bottom half. The car is running great , the brakes are working great and it looks great. I'm putting new carpet in and that'll be it for this year. I can finally drive it after 2 years of trials and tribulations. i really appreciate all the help I've gotten from the members on this site, i probably would still be struggling with some of the problems I had if it weren't for the advice I've received. Here's some close to final pics of the exterior.
What a battle I've had with this car, if I knew it was going to be this much trouble, I would have left the 6 in it. I had some trouble with it not revving up and while working on it, drove it through the garage door. Then I found out that the problem was that I put a shift kirt in the trans, and when I put the valve body back in, I messed up and something got lodged in the wrong port and locked it in low gear. Add to that the fluid was low so the trans wasn't working until the revs got up and that's how it ended up going through the door. Anyways it is finally running but then there was oil on the valve covers coming from the dipstick and out the breather on the one valve cover. I replaced the crappy generic PCV valve with a proper one for that engine and everything seems fine. It ran pretty good although i need to tweek the shift points in spring when I get her back on the road. Whew , what a summer, something that was going to be a quick swap took all I had and then some to get it done....