Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: LBL's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View LBL's profile Entries: 12
Views: 2087
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

09-29-2016 10:42 PM Interior
Here's some pics of the dash and interior, as well as a shot from the front. I picked up another hood and I'm going to put an cowl induction scoop on it to see what it looks like. I'll keep the original hood in case I don't like the scoop.
The buckets and the console are out of a 1999 Grand Am. The console was a throw in when I bought the seats and I set it in the car and it looked like it was always there. I added the gauges in front of the shifter as well.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

09-29-2016 10:31 PM Happy, Happy
Well, I've been driving the car for pretty much 2 summers, we can't drive them in winter around here, and it's run flawlessly. I did put an aluminum rad in it but that's about it for the past while. All the frustration is worth it when you can finally roll down the road without worrying about something not working right. I did manage to change the color of the speedometer cluster to match the new color of the dash. I think I'll change the color of the heater control, radio and clock to match as well.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

06-07-2015 09:25 PM Close
Well, are you ever close to finished, I don't think so but I have the new trans in and had the engine bay painted while the engine was out. As well I had the dash painted and changed the instrument panel to a darker color to match the dash. I also put some new wheels on it. I'll drive it this summer as it is and next spring I'll switch it over to power steering and a new tilt column with a smaller wheel.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

02-17-2015 09:28 PM Transmission
I'm trying to decide whether I can drill out the hole for the speedometer delete and use my existing cable ..... yep I can, it works fine.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

08-11-2014 09:54 PM Never Finished
I am happy to say that I have been driving the car for the last 2 summers and it runs as good as it looks. I got the interior finished except for the headliner and installed front 3 way seat belts so here's a few pics. I also installed some gauges in the console so I can see how everything is working. I am planning on getting the dash painted soon as well. I also finally had a proper driveshaft made that weighs considerably less than the temporary one I put on originally. Not happy with the C4 transmission so I'm going to change it to an AOD when I find one. No one gets too close to it when my dog rides along.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3