Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Guy Fukumoto's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Guy Fukumoto's profile Entries: 4
Views: 940
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

05-09-2005 02:22 AM 56 Prostreet
More photos

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

05-08-2005 02:43 AM 56 Prostreet
More photos

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

05-06-2005 02:54 AM 56 PROSTREET CHEVY
The motor is a 540ci Dart Block, Heads and manifold. The compression is 10-1 and the Crane Cam is a 632 lift. The HP is estimated at 750-800. The rear is changed completely with a 16 point roll cage. The widest and tallest M/T's mounted on 17" wide centerline rims for the rear which were a one time special order several years ago. The gear ratio is 4.86. The trans is a Turbo400 w/shift kit and a Pro Bandit stick. Along with this I've added the Gear Vendors Under/Over Drive so I can cruise without overheating the heart of the car. The front end will be changed also to install Rack and Pinion steering with drop spindles. The Headers will be fabricated to fit the fender well and the pipes will protude slightly through and out the rear fenders itself (6 inch hole in each fender). The exterior colors are graphite and black- two tone. I got the idea for this 2/tone color from the Hot Rod Show World Magazine's front cover dated 1987. Only this car will not have a blower, just a mean Holley Dominator with a fabricated cowl induction hood. The interior will have a front bench seat tuck and roll black leather with red and gray stripes. I plan to repaint the car again after the mechanical portions are completed. Maybe the same colors. Practically everything on this car was and will be modified with new parts (exterior/interior) and new drive train. I don't want to have a heart stroke so I didn't total the cost yet but who cares, you only live once.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

07-10-2004 12:19 AM '92 454SS Chevy 1/2T P/U
I purchased this truck in 1992 from a Chevy dealer here in Hawaii. This truck caught my eye because it was a 454SS with a stepside bed. The original 454SS doesn't. This truck was a special order but the buyer changed his mind and declined the purchase. After buying this truck, I changed most of the drive train except the trans and rear end. I also changed the color from white to black. I didn't really want to go this route because I have another project car in the making (56 ProStreet Chevy). I was actually using my truck as a substitute for my Chevy because it was inoperative for several years. The reason is a long story and I mentioned part of it in my introduction of myself on this website. The one thing I really like about this truck is the engine. It's an after market 454ci motor from Racing Head Service. This motor was purchased for my Chevy but at the time, I decided to race it instead of cruising. So I bought a 540ci engine with 14-1 compression and decided to install the RHS engine in my truck because the rear main seal was leaking on the original 454ci. The RHS motor has a 12.5-1 compression with a 600 lift hydraulic Competition cam that was dynotuned at 600hp. The carburetor is an 870 Holley Street Avenger with Hooker Headers, Flowmaster mufflers and 3' pipes (2 on each side). The trans is a 4L80E 4 spd auto with the Gear Vendors under/over drive attached. The transmission is controlled by a newly installed Compushift computer from HGM Electronics. The rear ratio is a 14 bolt 4:10 powerlock. The flames are called Tribal flames from Superflames.com. This website has all the flames that you can imagine. This truck makes some sweet noise to my ears and I love driving it. I can stomp this truck several times getting on the freeway on ramp at night and no one believes the noise is coming from my truck (not even HAWAII 5-0). They are fooled big time. They are looking for a souped up Honda or Corvette, something in that nature. I also get a thrill when cruising through shopping malls/building parking structures because several car alarms are activated after passing them with my truck. Somehow I feel like a kid doing this but I do it anyway (I'm 52 yrs old). But all good things must come to an end, therefore I'm currently selling this truck for $18,000 OBO. If I don't find any buyers by December, I'll reduce the price by $2-3000. I need to make room for my Chevy by that time-frame.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]