Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: jjack010's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View jjack010's profile Entries: 2
Views: 399
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

01-09-2013 12:51 PM Interior
Couple shots of the interior. I'm missing a few small item. Door lock ferrules, dome light covers, headliner trim to name a few.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

01-09-2013 12:43 PM 67 Buick Skylark
Just picked up a 67 Skylark. Previous owner got quite a bit done on the car. I think he just didn't have time or money to finish it. Body and interior are near completion. Drivability was left for last. Engine and electrical are rough. It does run and I actually drove it home 5 miles after purchasing. This is my first Buick so I'll need lots of help from you all!

Motor is not original. Currently has a Buick 350. I'm pretty sure it's paired w/ a powerglide. Seems to shift fine, but runs rough. Carb is too big, 750 Holley 4160.

So far I've replaced a door handle, changed the oil and filters, plugs, etc so I have a fresh start. I'm hoping to salvage this motor since the Buick 340 & 400 are getting harder to find at a decent price. At least it's still a Buick motor.

While I'm waiting on a few interior pieces I plan to set the initial timing, check compression and take a look at the carb.

My vision for this car is a pro-touring look but who knows......

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]