Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 67GT6's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 67GT6's profile Entries: 13
Views: 4438
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3

06-11-2012 02:08 PM GT6-broken parts
I found some time at work to tear into the the diff on the car. I planned to just do a basic rebuild but I found the pinion gear with broken teeth. The piece that came off must have wedged up against the ring gear and carrier. The carrier looks like it went through the lathe! A good 1/8 inch was shaved off the edge. I'm probably going to just try and find a used one in better shape.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

06-11-2012 01:50 PM GT6-broken parts
I found some time at work to tear into the the diff on the car. I planned to just do a basic rebuild but I found the pinion gear with broken teeth. The piece that came off must have wedged up against the ring gear and carrier. The carrier looks like it went through the lathe! A good 1/8 inch was shaved off the edge. I'm probably going to just try and find a used one in better shape.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

05-19-2012 05:17 PM Epoxy Primer
Well I've finally found time to lay down some epoxy primer. It's Transtar's epoxy primer.

We are in the middle of moving into a new house (bigger garage!). I had to put the car into storage for a few months while we do the moving. Can't wait to start the metal work.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

04-21-2012 08:46 PM Decided on color
I'm a VW/Audi tech so I see this color quite often. It's Audi's Daytona Gray. I think the motor will be red. The interior black. I havn't decided on the wheels. They're knock off wire wheels. I'm thinking either red like the motor or black. I'm leaning towards the black (pearl) for a little less showy and more sinister look.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

04-11-2012 09:16 PM GT6
I've decided I want to paint the frame the same as the body so I need to decide what color to paint the car...? I leaning towards a ferrari type red of British racing green.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3