Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: mickysteel's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View mickysteel's profile Entries: 1
Views: 183
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

05-27-2012 01:32 PM Passing it on
My dad bought this 53 B4B dodge pilot house job rated pickup in 1965. It came with a ten foot camper and a 140in wheel base, two feet had been added to the frame, that made the bed 9ft 6in long.
He left me the truck when he passed on and it sat for a few years in storage un till I thought it was real "cool" to be driving around town (without the camper) a big cutout were the window used to be, so you could crawl between the cab and the temporary home.
I made good use of it until one day the exterior oil line to the filter sprung a leek and pumped all the oil out. Now how many of us enjoy looking at your gauges all day, it only took about 2 miles before I heard the knock....two spun bearings and a crank that had to be welded. I parked it. That was in
1999. bottom line is Im doing this remake to give the truck to my son. I've had a wrench in my hand since I was 14 and can fix about anything that can go wrong with cars and trucks, but never built one. The journey begins.
swap a Flathead 6 with a 4.3 Chevy w 700 trans. I started this project about 4-5 weeks ago, it seems to grow as you go. this site and the forum has been such a great help I wouldn't be this far along
without all the help. thank You.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]