Did a little bit more to the oven build and, almost done.
Finished off with the High Temp Silicone around the inner door frame. Just under the metal studs that go all the way around the inner door frame.
I completed the framing of the inner door window, it turned out great for my first time, I think.
I adjusted the hings for the door and, put some straps around the oven.
Just to get it to snug up against the door seal.
But I came into a little problem with being able to rivet the clamping hinge for the door....it seems to be a little thin in metal there and, I can't use the rivet gun...there is no room.
As you can see in the pictures. See what I mean.
I guess I'll have to reinforce that area...thinking of riveting some door hinges, as I don't have a welder....Yet!
All add pictures when I figure that part out and, what to do there.
Anyways here are some pictures of the build so far to this date. 9/14/2012
Finishing the seal around the door and, caulking it with high temp silicon. Also caulking under the inside of the door under the metal studs that will be inside the oven.
Tomorrow I will finish up the framing around the inside window and, caulk it also. I changed the fan shroud to one that lets more air in the back of the fan to be moved.
The other one just killed it because it was to restricted or if you prefer closed in. I guess I could have drilled holes in it...but that would have been a pain in the butt and, a waste of time.
Also I had this grill laying around and, it was perfect for the job.
P.S I 'm still waiting on the 50 ft extension cord for the oven and, my brother is working on the control box for me.
Hey! Two heads are better then one!!! I don't have 220 volts hooked up in my garage, so I plan on running a 30 AMP breaker from the house control box, to just out side under my porch and, I will connect the oven only when I need it via the 50 ft extension cable.
Here's some more pic's of my oven build.
Hope you like it so far.
More to come.
Well it's been a while since I put down some info and pictures of the oven build. So here are some to put it up to date. Still waiting on some parts but, all most finished to do the start up and burn out test.
You know start it up and watch the smoke and what ever to burn out when the temp get's to 400 degrees.
All the painted items/finger prints/painted parts etc...you get the idea.
Most important is doing it out side of the garage and have a water hose close by...or fire extinguisher with the right code...like A/B/C, would probably be the best to handle it all.
Enough typing here's some pic's of the build.
Hope you like it so far.
P.S As you may have noticed that I changed the elements position to the back. Will make it easier to get to if I need to repair anything later. Also I'm still working on the fan set up. This has been the most problem with the oven build so far. I'm mounting it at the bottom of the oven, so when it is on the air will circulate inside. I really don't think it matters were it is as the air will move anyways when it's on. All check it at the start up...after the burn in.
Started to work on the Heat elements today. They are 4 Feet in length with 2 inches of cold ends and, they are bendable. So if I need to bend them I can, but I'm going to keep them straight so far that is the idea.
So I hooked them up like so, in the power box. I used a piece of Asbestos Millboard Ceiling Panel for inside the power box. If you use this stuff, wear a mask (Asbestos) is really not good for you.
I think the pictures will make it simple to fallow if you plan on building one like this.
Since the freezer I got, has an indent inside from where the compressor used to be. In some pictures if you notice the indented compartment is at the top.
Well it will be on the bottom and not on the top, I haven't flipped it over yet, because I want to put a fan and motor there. It will be easier to work on at eye level, then bent over on your knees and, trying to hook everything up side down.
I hope that made sense to you.
Anyways more to come.
Well did a little more work on the oven this weekend, I work on the door window. I picked up an oven door that was out for the scrap. Hey! I'm not a garbage picker, just a recycler of curtain items that work out for my projects.
So this is what I did so far.
Found the spot I want to put the window in the door, cut it out using a jigsaw. Sanded all the corners with a power file, then riveted it in place.