I got the body temporarily set back on the frame so I can make sure the rear shock crossmember will not hit the body. I also need to get the DD steering shaft and one more U joint to finish mocking up the steering system. I ordered the inner front right side cowl repair panel and the right lower quarter panel yesterday so I will have all the sheet metal pieces for the right side when they arrive. I got the steering column mocked up and put in two AC vents in the dash. I also mounted the headlight and wiper switch's. Not in the picture I welded up some of the holes in the lower middle dash area and mounted my ignition switch there.
I received the EZ Wire harness and everything looks good with it. I ordered a billet Optima battery holder last night to mount in the trunk and also the throttle cable. Couple more items off the long list.
I still need to get some exhaust work done. I got some stainless steel headers off Ebay and plan to run stainless the rest of the way too. As always there are a ton of little things to take care of, slowly but surely I will get there. I also ordered a EZ wire harness for the car complete with headlight, starter, windshield wiper and dimmer switches for $200 off Ebay. I have a couple of sheet metal pieces coming to start with. The LHS rocker and lower cowl panel. I will need the same for the RHS and then the trunk pieces. I plan to get the body blasted and epoxy primed hopefully soon. I will coat the floors with POR15 and apply sound/heat mat afterwards
I got the 383 installed using Chassis Eng motor mounts. This is still just a mock up trans. I still have to buy the Sanden compressor for the front drive setup. This is an older Rocky Hinge front drive setup, I bought the main bracket from a swap meet and Rocky Hinge kindly sold me the pulleys seperatly which they normally do not do. I am using a 2000 S10 type II power steering pump.