Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 38Sedan's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 38Sedan's profile Entries: 20
Views: 1979
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): 1 [2] 3 4

04-08-2013 05:02 PM Sheetmetal
I have been busy with some sheet metal repair. I got all the passenger side cut out and started putting it back together.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

01-31-2013 10:02 AM Mock Up
I got the body temporarily set back on the frame so I can make sure the rear shock crossmember will not hit the body. I also need to get the DD steering shaft and one more U joint to finish mocking up the steering system. I ordered the inner front right side cowl repair panel and the right lower quarter panel yesterday so I will have all the sheet metal pieces for the right side when they arrive. I got the steering column mocked up and put in two AC vents in the dash. I also mounted the headlight and wiper switch's. Not in the picture I welded up some of the holes in the lower middle dash area and mounted my ignition switch there.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

01-07-2013 12:06 PM Wiring Harness
I received the EZ Wire harness and everything looks good with it. I ordered a billet Optima battery holder last night to mount in the trunk and also the throttle cable. Couple more items off the long list.

[Entry #13]

01-05-2013 11:33 AM Firewall
I started filling all the holes on the firewall. Later I will smooth it with some bodywork when finished.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

01-05-2013 11:30 AM Parts and Pieces
I still need to get some exhaust work done. I got some stainless steel headers off Ebay and plan to run stainless the rest of the way too. As always there are a ton of little things to take care of, slowly but surely I will get there. I also ordered a EZ wire harness for the car complete with headlight, starter, windshield wiper and dimmer switches for $200 off Ebay. I have a couple of sheet metal pieces coming to start with. The LHS rocker and lower cowl panel. I will need the same for the RHS and then the trunk pieces. I plan to get the body blasted and epoxy primed hopefully soon. I will coat the floors with POR15 and apply sound/heat mat afterwards

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

Pages (4): 1 [2] 3 4