I got the 383 installed using Chassis Eng motor mounts. This is still just a mock up trans. I still have to buy the Sanden compressor for the front drive setup. This is an older Rocky Hinge front drive setup, I bought the main bracket from a swap meet and Rocky Hinge kindly sold me the pulleys seperatly which they normally do not do. I am using a 2000 S10 type II power steering pump.
I am installing a Hydroboost setup I got off a late model Ford truck, the motor has a decent cam so I did not want to deal with the vacuum issues. I had to modify the Chassis Eng trans crossmember a little so I had room to remove and install the Hydroboost unit. I have yet to sit the body back on the frame to determine the brake pedal situation.
I got the Tanks 17 Gallon poly unit installed and plumbed. I ran 3/8 hard line up to the fuel pump and of course then a piece of rubber fuel line to complete the connection. I also ran battery cable from the starter to the rear. My battery will be in the trunk.
I got a Tanks Inc. poly 17 gallon tank to install. I also got a new metal filler neck from them as my original was in bad shape. It came complete minus the sending unit, which worked out good because I bought a Dolphin gauge set and it came with the correct 5 hole sender. I'll post pictures after I get it installed.
I got a 66 Chevy II 8.2 rearend because it is 58 inches wide, it also has a friendly 3.42 ratio. I will be running a Turbo 350 so it should make for a pretty good cruising gear. I took apart the rearend to check it out and clean it up. I had the housing blasted and painted it with POR 15. I cut off the original spring perches because they were not the right width. I rebuilt the complete drum brakes and installed new wheel seals and ran new 3/16 brake line. I installed it in the frame using the Chassis Eng. leaf spring kit. You also see the rear shock cross member hanging loose at this point.