Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 38Sedan's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 38Sedan's profile Entries: 20
Views: 1930
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): 1 2 [3] 4

01-05-2013 10:54 AM Drive train
I got the 383 installed using Chassis Eng motor mounts. This is still just a mock up trans. I still have to buy the Sanden compressor for the front drive setup. This is an older Rocky Hinge front drive setup, I bought the main bracket from a swap meet and Rocky Hinge kindly sold me the pulleys seperatly which they normally do not do. I am using a 2000 S10 type II power steering pump.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

01-05-2013 10:46 AM Brakes
I am installing a Hydroboost setup I got off a late model Ford truck, the motor has a decent cam so I did not want to deal with the vacuum issues. I had to modify the Chassis Eng trans crossmember a little so I had room to remove and install the Hydroboost unit. I have yet to sit the body back on the frame to determine the brake pedal situation.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

01-05-2013 10:33 AM Gas Tank Installed
I got the Tanks 17 Gallon poly unit installed and plumbed. I ran 3/8 hard line up to the fuel pump and of course then a piece of rubber fuel line to complete the connection. I also ran battery cable from the starter to the rear. My battery will be in the trunk.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

12-10-2012 07:04 PM Chassis
I got a Tanks Inc. poly 17 gallon tank to install. I also got a new metal filler neck from them as my original was in bad shape. It came complete minus the sending unit, which worked out good because I bought a Dolphin gauge set and it came with the correct 5 hole sender. I'll post pictures after I get it installed.

[Entry #7]

12-10-2012 06:46 PM Rear suspension
I got a 66 Chevy II 8.2 rearend because it is 58 inches wide, it also has a friendly 3.42 ratio. I will be running a Turbo 350 so it should make for a pretty good cruising gear. I took apart the rearend to check it out and clean it up. I had the housing blasted and painted it with POR 15. I cut off the original spring perches because they were not the right width. I rebuilt the complete drum brakes and installed new wheel seals and ran new 3/16 brake line. I installed it in the frame using the Chassis Eng. leaf spring kit. You also see the rear shock cross member hanging loose at this point.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

Pages (4): 1 2 [3] 4