Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: grenade inspector's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View grenade inspector's profile Entries: 1
Views: 204
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

09-30-2012 08:44 PM My first Hotrod!
After admiring old trucks for as long as I can remember I bought this old gmc in January, after getting frustrated over trouble with the title transfer (long story) I have ended up letting it sit for quite some time but I am finally getting to work on it.

The truck is a 1958 gmc 1/2 ton long bed, it is a Georgia truck which came to Pennsylvania in the early '90s and hasn't run since. Currently it has the stock 270 i6 and manual transmission. The body is relatively solid (at least in comparison to most of what I have seen around here), it needs all cab corners and the inside panel above the windshield could use some attention. The doors are in the roughest shape of anything, but I found a pair in much better condition for $100 about an hour away . Also it was hit at some point in the right front corner so that fender is missing and the front panel, not sure what its called, is tweaked.

My plan is to restore/modify it to be a competent and reliable daily driver. I would like to swap the engine to a pontiac 350 Ive had around for a while along with a floor shift manual. I would like to update to an independent front suspension as well, but first I am concentrating on getting the body cleaned up and in order.

I plan on doing everything myself on a bit of a shoestring budget as I'm also fixing up my first house and insisting on paying cash or passing things up. Thanks for reading, here are some pictures from when I brought it home:

[Entry #1]