Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: postrucks's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View postrucks's profile Entries: 9
Views: 1068
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

12-31-2008 10:58 AM more trial fitting
with the wheel centered in the opening, it's 21" from the fwd end of the frame rail to the leading edge of the ifs frame bracket.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

12-31-2008 10:28 AM mock up
ifs with first trial fit. The frame is 1.25" wider than the suspension. Options are 1. to narrow the suspension crossmember (this would bring my tires inside the fenders more which is a concern with this swap, but it is alot of work and if not done right the supension and steering geometry will be off 2. widen the frame (to do this the front crossmember would have to be lengthened and make sure the frame taper stays correct on each rail) 3. build spacers (the steering linkage and steering box will also have to be spaced out the same amount).
Each option has it's merits and problems. I think the way to is the spacers which if they don't work out I can always go to one of the other options.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

12-31-2008 10:14 AM IFS
here's the 77 chevy 1/2 ton independent front suspension ready for it's new home, after its been cleaned, sandblasted, primed and painted. New polyurethane bushings installed. I spent at least 40 hours on this. It was alot of work.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

12-31-2008 10:04 AM frame
frame after cleanup, sandblasting and then painted with epoxy primer then rustoleum black

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

09-15-2008 05:47 AM more dissassembly
bed is shot

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

Pages (2): [1] 2