Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 1941M's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 1941M's profile Entries: 12
Views: 1017
now viewing from the beginning || view most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

10-24-2012 08:48 PM Part 1. Restoration 1941 Chevy Pickup. The beginning
My 41 isnt a beauty and isnt #1 show winner but shes got the personality.

Yep, my first journal entry. I am actually doing it ! restoring the cab, just stripped the interior, then move to electrical, accessories, wheels and tires.
Well if anyone is interested in seeing more pictures and my progress I’d like to see you express that below!
My journey begins now!!

PS ..parts for 1941.. are a @#$% to find...

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

10-24-2012 08:49 PM Part 1.1
as you can see I am working on the cab

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

10-28-2012 06:52 PM 7.7 Earthquake and I m working on my truck
yep, you heard it on the news, fortunately if wasnt as bad over here in Vancouver.
Well anyways I have worked on the Truck and ve done some sanding, rust treatment, cab respray, dash paint strip.
Unfortunately I Had to cut out some metal-sheet to cover few holes on the floor. Then I sealed the whole cab w rubberized spray.

This dashboard is tough…so far Ive stripped 2 maybe 3 layers of all the paint on it. I think I can see , green, blue, red and black now. I basically decided to strip it to metal.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

10-28-2012 06:58 PM Couple more pictures from same weekend
Tomorrow is ‘quick roof' time !

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

10-30-2012 12:58 AM 41 dash and interior Part 3..
Hi guys, I’ve been fighting with that D#$% dashboard for the last 3 hours… i swear it was painted at least 15 times! 5-6 times with black, gray, red, orange, green, maybe blue but I think the original color of my truck was pastel green or blue (aqua i guess?)
Anyways so what I have done was removed dash board, sprayed down with paint stripper and left it over night. Next, I ve used (home depot brand) Heavy paint stripper product and spread it thick all over the dash. 30 minutes later, I’ve used steel brush to remove wrinkled paint. Even though this paint stripper is quite strong I still have 2-3 times to go. Well 70 years of numerous paint(s)…
I have couple of pictures of my interior and my ‘quick roof’ product ! Yea, I’ve started on securing my cab,doors w the product. Its definitely time consuming but I find it alot of fun! Quick roof product sticks to the coat of rubberized layer I’rd sprayed in the cab 5 days ago like a glue!
Thats all, I definitely need a break!..

Oh Ive ordered jute under-padding and I will look for some simple carpet most likely @ the Depot.
Won cowl vent arm on ebay that I desperately needed !!--check out this WIN video.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3