FInally got to restore my visor I have purchased on eBay. I think it was coated with 6 layers of different paint…and dog bones were slightly bent and not functioning, ( someone sprayed contact cement inside..) Its has taken me all together 5-7 hours of stripping and then sanding the whole thing. Now dog bones actually work! Next is paint!>
one side is done and my dashboard is finally stripped down to metal!
I will be sanding, priming tomorrow.
I have to order some more of the sound deadening tape…I’ve used 3 rolls!..I probably need 4 more rolls..
that will add extra 21lbs on the cab. I think I am fine with that =)
Hi guys, I’ve been fighting with that D#$% dashboard for the last 3 hours… i swear it was painted at least 15 times! 5-6 times with black, gray, red, orange, green, maybe blue but I think the original color of my truck was pastel green or blue (aqua i guess?)
Anyways so what I have done was removed dash board, sprayed down with paint stripper and left it over night. Next, I ve used (home depot brand) Heavy paint stripper product and spread it thick all over the dash. 30 minutes later, I’ve used steel brush to remove wrinkled paint. Even though this paint stripper is quite strong I still have 2-3 times to go. Well 70 years of numerous paint(s)…
I have couple of pictures of my interior and my ‘quick roof’ product ! Yea, I’ve started on securing my cab,doors w the product. Its definitely time consuming but I find it alot of fun! Quick roof product sticks to the coat of rubberized layer I’rd sprayed in the cab 5 days ago like a glue!
Thats all, I definitely need a break!..
Oh Ive ordered jute under-padding and I will look for some simple carpet most likely @ the Depot.
Won cowl vent arm on ebay that I desperately needed !!--check out this WIN video.
yep, you heard it on the news, fortunately if wasnt as bad over here in Vancouver.
Well anyways I have worked on the Truck and ve done some sanding, rust treatment, cab respray, dash paint strip.
Unfortunately I Had to cut out some metal-sheet to cover few holes on the floor. Then I sealed the whole cab w rubberized spray.
This dashboard is tough…so far Ive stripped 2 maybe 3 layers of all the paint on it. I think I can see , green, blue, red and black now. I basically decided to strip it to metal.