Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: dmartin's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View dmartin's profile Entries: 7
Views: 1327
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (2): [1] 2

10-17-2016 03:40 PM Here's a picture of the frame in flat black paint with the front end attached
Here is a picture of the frame painted in flat black along with the bottom side of the rear end mount for attaching the rear leaf spring.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

10-17-2016 03:36 PM Here's I how connected the Model T wishbone to the frame
Here's a couple of close up views of the wishbone setup. The original wishbone was cut, a bung was added in on each side were welded in the wishbone arm and connected.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

10-17-2016 03:24 PM Final got it welded
So, life got in the way. Spent about a year helping my son build and tweak his 1986 Camaro and we have him setup pretty good now and it's time to get back to my project. Here is the front end of the frame welded up and the wholes we were drilling.


(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

12-11-2012 10:18 PM Frame almost completed
Ok, frame almost finished welding it, ran out of gas on my welder and I can't get down to get it filled for a couple of weeks. I included a close up of the front. The short story is I measured 1 1/8 inches from the front of the tubing frame rails on both sides. Then placed the pipe on the frame rails and made a half circle on the outside and inside. Keep in mind, I made the inside frame rail where I could weld a full 360 degrees and the outside is only 180 degrees. I'll post a final round of pictures once I get the gas and finish the welding. I can hardly wait.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

11-30-2012 06:55 PM Started building the frame
Ok, several set backs. Didn't have oxygen/acetylene so had to use grinder and hack saw to get things cut but we at least got everything cut. Also had to buy a new welder, mine finally gave up. Found what appears to be a pretty good welder though and it's American made. Wow, who new! It was a little more expensive but it sure puts down a pretty weld.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

Pages (2): [1] 2


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.