Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: dmartin's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View dmartin's profile Entries: 4
Views: 485
now viewing from the beginning || view most recent entries

11-19-2012 12:37 PM T-Bucket - the beginning
Ok, we have the material to make the frame now. We'll start on it this week.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

11-19-2012 12:45 PM Here's what we started with.
I originally purchased this years ago and now we are putting this together. I started by taking out the 6 cylinder and wanted to replace it with a v8 but after I started looking at it closer, the frame was bent, no brakes on the front (fun to stop in a hurry) and the front end had bolts welded instead of the real setup. So I decided this was going to be more work than I could deal with at the time. We are now ready to make it right.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

11-30-2012 05:55 PM Started building the frame
Ok, several set backs. Didn't have oxygen/acetylene so had to use grinder and hack saw to get things cut but we at least got everything cut. Also had to buy a new welder, mine finally gave up. Found what appears to be a pretty good welder though and it's American made. Wow, who new! It was a little more expensive but it sure puts down a pretty weld.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

12-11-2012 09:18 PM Frame almost completed
Ok, frame almost finished welding it, ran out of gas on my welder and I can't get down to get it filled for a couple of weeks. I included a close up of the front. The short story is I measured 1 1/8 inches from the front of the tubing frame rails on both sides. Then placed the pipe on the frame rails and made a half circle on the outside and inside. Keep in mind, I made the inside frame rail where I could weld a full 360 degrees and the outside is only 180 degrees. I'll post a final round of pictures once I get the gas and finish the welding. I can hardly wait.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]