Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: dmartin's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View dmartin's profile Entries: 7
Views: 1332
now viewing from the beginning || view most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

11-19-2012 01:37 PM T-Bucket - the beginning
Ok, we have the material to make the frame now. We'll start on it this week.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

11-19-2012 01:45 PM Here's what we started with.
I originally purchased this years ago and now we are putting this together. I started by taking out the 6 cylinder and wanted to replace it with a v8 but after I started looking at it closer, the frame was bent, no brakes on the front (fun to stop in a hurry) and the front end had bolts welded instead of the real setup. So I decided this was going to be more work than I could deal with at the time. We are now ready to make it right.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

11-30-2012 06:55 PM Started building the frame
Ok, several set backs. Didn't have oxygen/acetylene so had to use grinder and hack saw to get things cut but we at least got everything cut. Also had to buy a new welder, mine finally gave up. Found what appears to be a pretty good welder though and it's American made. Wow, who new! It was a little more expensive but it sure puts down a pretty weld.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

12-11-2012 10:18 PM Frame almost completed
Ok, frame almost finished welding it, ran out of gas on my welder and I can't get down to get it filled for a couple of weeks. I included a close up of the front. The short story is I measured 1 1/8 inches from the front of the tubing frame rails on both sides. Then placed the pipe on the frame rails and made a half circle on the outside and inside. Keep in mind, I made the inside frame rail where I could weld a full 360 degrees and the outside is only 180 degrees. I'll post a final round of pictures once I get the gas and finish the welding. I can hardly wait.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

10-17-2016 03:24 PM Final got it welded
So, life got in the way. Spent about a year helping my son build and tweak his 1986 Camaro and we have him setup pretty good now and it's time to get back to my project. Here is the front end of the frame welded up and the wholes we were drilling.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

Pages (2): [1] 2