Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: azlogger's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View azlogger's profile Entries: 11
Views: 935
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3

12-04-2012 04:03 PM Patience...
...is one thing i lack. I finished the rear suspension system (no shocks yet), so now i need to go to a junk yard and get the front steering knuckles-hubs-brakes Assemblies so i can start building my front twin i-beams and get the front end rolling. But to go 100 miles just for that seems kinda crazy...

[Entry #6]

12-01-2012 03:56 PM Home and back to work
I hate posts that start out with 'its been a long time since the last post'. They just bug me. So, back form a long trip and its been a long time since the last post. I'm still just working on the leaf spring mounts, i have all the stuff i need so it's just work until the rear suspension is done.

[Entry #5]

11-17-2012 07:09 PM Spring mounting
Today i moved my frame to our carport, where i could mock up my rear suspension on concrete. I built an L-shaped bracket for each side, which the shackles are bolted to. These brackets were welded to the frame now i plan to build a similar bracket for the front.

Leaving on a trip tomorrow so no posts for a while...

[Entry #4]

11-16-2012 06:49 PM got the springs
It didn't work to go yesterday as planned but this morning i went over and pulled the leaf springs. Now i'm trying to setup the suspension and having some issues but i think i'll get it.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

11-14-2012 04:48 PM now for some springs
I called a neighbor about an old ford explorer he's parting out. Plan to be there at 8:00 tomorrow morning to remove the rear leaf springs for use on my car.

[Entry #2]

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3