Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: azlogger's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View azlogger's profile Entries: 11
Views: 800
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

11-12-2012 05:48 PM Introduction to my project
So, i ran across hotrodders.com a couple weeks ago and have really enjoyed the extensive amount of information here. I had already started my project a little while back so i'm starting this journal a bit late. There won't be many photos in this journal but i want a good way to keep track of my project and i like this place, so my lowly journal will be here for whoever wants to read it. I'm not building a hot rod but rather scratch-building a fairly normal car. The whole idea is to have a drivable automobile for a reasonable cost, and the tremendous joy of the build. How will it look? Well, imagine taking the outline your average car, (crown vic is what i used) and narrowing the hood in so the grille is 2 feet wide, slanted forward slightly and pointed in front. The top of the hood is level and flat except for a very slight ridge down the middle. Now narrow the body and add running boards. Draw a line from the top back curve of the roof to the bumper. Now you've got the basic picture. Currently i have the frame done, and have purchased a 3.42 rear end from a 1989 ford f-150. Right now i have nothing to do, waiting for rear leaf springs and not willing to go to Tucson (i live 100 miles away) for only them.

[Entry #1]

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]