So with the bore deglazed and new frost plugs in place it is time to fit new rings and bearings. Shame about the dish chamfered pistons but we are on a tight budget.
Check out the new universal joints good or what? WHAT... is what we think. Sorry NPD you need to do a bit of quality control. It is disappointing to receive goods in this condition.
Jude cleaned up the old heads and a glimpse of the new.
So the big day arrived and so did the rain. In a town with only around 700 dwellings it is unusual to see classic/muscle cars in abundance. One day each year we have a local hot rod show and this brings into town some great looking cars. Shame about the weather A sample....
Sub frame now in place. Have now stripped the engine and deglazed the bore given the block a good clean up/water blast. The good people at Summit Racing sent an order over in under 7 days that contained rings and bearing so will fit these this weekend. Great service. Jude has painted the gas tank so that is now good to go. We will have to wait until we can cut some rust out of the boot. What looked like surface rust we have now found it will be necessary to cut out.
We went to Tauranga a couple of weeks back to pick up some parts from the good people at Westcoast Classics who brought the parts in for us in one of their containers.
It does not seem that you achieve very quickly but finally... The first pieces are going back on the car.
We have finished off painting under the car and painted the diff. Jude was working hard out in the parts department. Shocks and springs in place time to check if the maths on wheel size works...all good.