Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: crash70rs's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View crash70rs's profile Entries: 3
Views: 1131
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

04-07-2008 06:38 PM Going Slow.. and steady?
Haven't got too much done since the last entry, easter weekend was shot, as I was out of town, And the lady's car has been acting up..along with her moms car.. and her sister car (does it ever end?). But on to my car.
I couldn't help but to see if this 11.5 in. monster would fit under the hood.. and it does! That's less work for me! And it looks real good.
I have the hardline in place, clamped in, just need to trim them to size. I bought the wrong fitting so I'll wait till I get that.
For the pump I modified the tank (after it sat outside for 2 weeks). I chieseled the locking ring off, and sawed a 4-1/2 in hole for the new pump set-up.

I made a fancy filter mount, and plan on getting the sender on the new pump unit this week.. will post pictures soon!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

03-18-2008 10:42 AM Fuel System, In-tank pump
Here is the intank pump/baffle system I purchased (which is should have just made).
When I pulled my tank, to my surprise it was already equipt with a baffle just behind the existing pickup/sending unit. Which unfortunatly adds confusion to my previous plans.

The installation instructions for the unit I bought (see picture) are odd, the recommend mounting the system to the rear corner of the tank, which would be unsatisfactory with the existing baffle. The recommended orientation is odd. So im trying to figure out how I want to mount this thing (or maybe make my own) to keep fuel at the pickup.

I also plan on mounting my original sender to this.. Havn't look to far into that yet though.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

03-18-2008 10:35 AM Part 1 - Fuel system
This is the start of my EFI installation.
Quick background,
Vehicle- 1987 Monte Carlo SS
Engine- SBC 355, Hyd. roller cam, Iron eagle Heads

I'll be installing a Holley stealth ram intake/throttle body, Controlled by a Megasquirt DIY ECM

The Picture are of the car jacked up in my garage, The current setup and the new set-up (pretty sexy huh?)

All I've done so far is remove the old fuel system (tank and lines) and planned the routing for the new system.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]