Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Malibucdl's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Malibucdl's profile Entries: 4
Views: 1465
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

03-19-2005 07:31 PM Frame Removal
Once I had the car cleaned out and ready for the removal I didn't stop till I got it done. There were 10 bolts (5 per side) holding the body on. Those got pulled. All the rubber was obviously worn out, so that will be replaced on rebuild. After all the bolt were free, I started lifting the body off the frame using 2 8' 4x4s under the body and jack stands. I took a while for me to do this by myself. Lots of going back and fourth from side to side getting the body up. But eventually she was free.

Pic 1. The body lifted from the frame.
Pic 2. Frame coming out the side of the car. The hump in the rear of the frame wouldn't clear the 4x4s. I had to jocky the jack stands around a bit to get the frame out.
Pic 3. The frame is FREE!! If you look carefully, the "X" member is twisted near the back drivers side (closest to the camera). I will have to get the frame on a fream maching to get that straightened.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

03-19-2005 07:20 PM Frame Removal - Emptying the car
Well I finally got to working on the car. The first thing I had to do though was to clean the inside of the car out of all the parts that have been stored inside of it for the last 20+ years. After it was cleaned out I began to pull the fram. But not until I got to sit in the drivers seat. I was the first person to sit in the car in 20 something years! I felt so good, I was grinning from ear to ear.

Pic 1. The car pulled out of the garage a little bit after getting cleaned out.
Pic 2. Me sitting in the car!
Pic 3. All the parts that were being stored in the car. In the front is the Ultramatic 3spd. tranny.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

04-07-2004 10:25 PM Engine Pictures
I finally took some pictures of the 288 c.i. Thunderbolt in-line 8 cyl engine. I can't wait to start working on it.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

04-07-2004 09:44 PM September 13, 2003
Well, I had to move the Packard from its old home to our new garage 30 something miles away. It took the 3 of us all day to move it using a 1 ton come-a-long. But, we were successful. The Clipper now sits in her new home.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]