Once I had the car cleaned out and ready for the removal I didn't stop till I got it done. There were 10 bolts (5 per side) holding the body on. Those got pulled. All the rubber was obviously worn out, so that will be replaced on rebuild. After all the bolt were free, I started lifting the body off the frame using 2 8' 4x4s under the body and jack stands. I took a while for me to do this by myself. Lots of going back and fourth from side to side getting the body up. But eventually she was free.
Pic 1. The body lifted from the frame.
Pic 2. Frame coming out the side of the car. The hump in the rear of the frame wouldn't clear the 4x4s. I had to jocky the jack stands around a bit to get the frame out.
Pic 3. The frame is FREE!! If you look carefully, the "X" member is twisted near the back drivers side (closest to the camera). I will have to get the frame on a fream maching to get that straightened.
Well I finally got to working on the car. The first thing I had to do though was to clean the inside of the car out of all the parts that have been stored inside of it for the last 20+ years. After it was cleaned out I began to pull the fram. But not until I got to sit in the drivers seat. I was the first person to sit in the car in 20 something years! I felt so good, I was grinning from ear to ear.
Pic 1. The car pulled out of the garage a little bit after getting cleaned out.
Pic 2. Me sitting in the car!
Pic 3. All the parts that were being stored in the car. In the front is the Ultramatic 3spd. tranny.
Well, I had to move the Packard from its old home to our new garage 30 something miles away. It took the 3 of us all day to move it using a 1 ton come-a-long. But, we were successful. The Clipper now sits in her new home.