Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: mmartin1872's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View mmartin1872's profile Entries: 7
Views: 1500
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

05-13-2006 11:18 PM Surprise Rust in The Trunk
I thought the trunk was in good condition... up until some of the bondo that was under the paint chipped away... after a bit of grinding around one side of the car... this is what i've found so far. I don't know if i can find some reproduction sheet metal for this though... so I'll probably have to figure out how to fab it up myself.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

10-22-2005 11:39 AM Work on the Tbird has started again #3
Picture #1 is a picture of the gauges with the steering wheel put in place... Hmmm... defianetly isn't going to work... Unless of course i sit in the back seat, to drive... maybe install a couple of peddle extensions and i'd be in business... and maybe a pole attached to the steering wheel... ehh... I love the back seat of this car anyways.... seems like an idea

So goal for next weekend... is to pull the dash and install the new wire harness I'm picking up, and hopefully paint the dash, and all the little metal interior pieces... but we'll see

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

10-22-2005 11:34 AM Work on the Tbird has started again #2
This time Picture #1 is a picture of the dash (its not that pretty, because i was still working on it at the time, so don't mind the mess

Picture #2 Is a picture of the gauges on the table... Nordskog digital gauges inbehind the factory altered tbird faces. Siting on the table.. Not exactly the look i was going for, so i'm going to have to pick up some new gauge faces and try at it again.

Picture #3 is a picture of the gauges put up in the dash to see how it will look... Looks like I'll have to do a bit of trimming in order to see the gauges anyways. I'm still not happy with the look

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

10-22-2005 11:28 AM Work on the Tbird has started again
Well I finally started working on the car again.

Picture #1 is a pic of the dashboard being reinstalled for the who knows how many times time. It should be the 2nd last time... Its coming out again, to get rewired, next weekend and then painted hopefully at the same time. (well it was supposed to be a pic of the dash)

Picture #2 is a picture of the engine bay which by the way, i got running again this past weekend.. Yay for me.. I haven't heard the car run for almost a year now. It fired up on the first shot!

Picture #3 is a picture of the devil cat. The wife says he takes after me. I guess he wines and complains and expects her to do everything for him.. Best part about that cat though.... It kicks the crap out of her rat/dog

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

01-05-2005 11:11 PM pics of my power window motor
here are some pics of the window motor off the rear 1/4 window on my tbird

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

Pages (2): [1] 2