I've been bouncing between Hotrodders and Metalmeet for over a year and it motivated me to try my skills at forming (customizing) some of my own panels. I had an old lower valance so I figured if I screw this up I can buy the part I want with no big loss, If it works it saves me 200 bucks and I get to brag "it's steel". So far I have only made the cut and hammered over the edge to accept a tunnel I am bending that runs back to the radiator.
Started removing everything for the cowl vent repair. I should be much further along but life re-prioritized my time again. Had some rust I didn't expect, and some solid areas I thought would be rusty, so on a whole I am about where I expected. I am going to borrow a cherry picker an pull the engine to make the repair easier.
This car was bought new by my Dad, and was delivered on April Fools Day 1966. I have accumulated a garage full of parts and I finally realized I'd be dead before there was any spare time to rebuild it. So this spring I re-prioritized and put the Mustang much higher up on the list. First tool I will be using is the power washer.
Pray for me!!