Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Dejavu's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Dejavu's profile Entries: 4
Views: 1213
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

02-05-2005 11:07 AM Trying to make a custom valance
I've been bouncing between Hotrodders and Metalmeet for over a year and it motivated me to try my skills at forming (customizing) some of my own panels. I had an old lower valance so I figured if I screw this up I can buy the part I want with no big loss, If it works it saves me 200 bucks and I get to brag "it's steel". So far I have only made the cut and hammered over the edge to accept a tunnel I am bending that runs back to the radiator.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

08-11-2004 09:01 AM Start of cowl vent replacement
Started removing everything for the cowl vent repair. I should be much further along but life re-prioritized my time again. Had some rust I didn't expect, and some solid areas I thought would be rusty, so on a whole I am about where I expected. I am going to borrow a cherry picker an pull the engine to make the repair easier.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

05-07-2004 06:46 PM Kill sticker from National Speedway
The only proof left of my drag racing days back in the 70's. Back then there were 4 Tracks less than 45 mins. apart. Now the closest track is in Englishtown NJ ( about a 3 hour drive).

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

05-07-2004 06:31 PM Where do I start???
This car was bought new by my Dad, and was delivered on April Fools Day 1966. I have accumulated a garage full of parts and I finally realized I'd be dead before there was any spare time to rebuild it. So this spring I re-prioritized and put the Mustang much higher up on the list. First tool I will be using is the power washer.
Pray for me!!

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]