Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: SAATR's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View SAATR's profile Entries: 3
Views: 870
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

02-07-2011 10:50 AM And still more pics...
The lower door and fenders were raked by some trailer rails at some point in its life, which is really the only body damage the truck has suffered. Most of it can be taken care of with a dolly and some judiciously applied body filler. The interior is probably the best part of the truck. Aside from some dirt and discoloration, the seat is nearly defect free. The floor, too, still has the original rubber mat, though I haven't looked to see what's under it yet. I don't think my grandfather ever put anything behind the seat, as the paint is unblemished. Overall, a good place to start a restomod.

What will the future bring? My current plans are to remove the current 305/TH350 combo and install something a little more modern and potent, like an injected LQ4. That'll be backed by a TH400 with decent stall as I could not find a satisfactory manual swap that was within my budget. I'll have the shaft cut down and balanced, and get gears and a tru trac put in the factory 10 bolt (the current 2.73 open diff isn't going to satisfy me for long ). This is gonna be a blast!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

02-07-2011 10:38 AM More pics of the truck
Here are a few more pictures of her. Lots of surface rust on the hood and top of the cab from years of being parked outdoors, but thankfully no rust-through. The tires are all shot, dryrotted beyond use. The bed has to be the cleanest I've ever seen on a truck of this age, hardly any scratches to speak of, and little to no rust. The tool box is a total loss, but I wasn't intending to keep it anyway .

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

02-07-2011 10:28 AM So it begins...
My first toy and project in many years begins... My grandfather's 85 C10. I know that quite a few folks know what it feels like to get something that has a lot of memories tied up in it. I've been after this one for five years, and finally have the time and resources to do it justice. After a 12 hour round trip and few pit stops, here she is, safe and sound.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]