Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: jmhollis's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View jmhollis's profile Entries: 10
Views: 1858
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (2): [1] 2

10-15-2005 09:48 PM Trans attached
It has been a while, changed houses, lots of delays... The TCI super streetfighter trans and the nearly complete engine are ready to go. Now I need to tear down the truck and get the original engine out!


(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

09-19-2004 06:08 PM Intake manifold goes on (finally)
It seemed like forever to find the time to finish porting the DART manifold to match the heads. I think it lost about a pound of aluminum as I shaped the runners and ports, but it is finally done! I also finished the inside of the valve covers (removed the drippers to clear the roller rockers) and those fit great too. Next will be the Dominator and nitrous plate, then the water pump and front belt drive components, then into the truck...


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

06-16-2004 08:49 PM Heads are on the 572
Finally got the heads torqued in place and wanted to see what the intake looked like in place. This will be a pretty tall engine but should clear the hood on the '67 pickup OK. Port matching is about 25% done on the intake. Maybe another 2 weeks to have time to get it done and bolted up. Then I get to pull the tired old 327 and start rebuilding the front suspension and steering.


(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

06-14-2004 07:29 PM Valve cover mods and springs
I installed the spring locators, seals and springs on the 572. The Chevrolet valve covers have cast in drippers that interfere with the Comp Cams roller rockers. I have milled off the drippers on one cover, I'll post pictures when both are done. Otherwise the head trial fit went well. I had already measured and ordered my pushrods so I was able to test clearances with some modeling clay using only an inner spring on a couple of valves (cyl #1). Now to take them apart one last time for a last pass at combustion chamber polishing and I will be ready to assemble the top end and do an oil pressure check.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

06-11-2004 02:43 PM Top end begins
After epoxying the screens in the lifter valley, the lifters are trial fit and the heads are set aboard for measurements and clearance checks. The heads are Edelbrock Marine units and are shown here before port work begins. As of June 11th, I am working on the ports and waiting for my springs to arrive (next Monday). I am also port matching the Dart intake so things can move along in the next few weeks. Planning has started on frame modifications to use 1972 big block frame and motor mounts in the truck.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

Pages (2): [1] 2


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.