The F-150 seat belts were maroon and pretty beaten up so I went looking for a set of tan three point belts to match my upholstery. The local junk yard wanted $70 for a pair, used, so I went onto Ebay and found these, brand new, from an Ebay store for $54.
Photo #1 I drilled a hole through the roll bar about a foot above the base. I then attached the retractor mechanism and the end of the lap belt with a grade 8 bolt. (The kit comes with bolts but they are grade 5 and, more importantly, they were too short for my application.)
Photo #2 I made a small tab from 3/16 flat stock, drilled a hole in it and welded it to the upper corner of the roll bar. I then attached the seat belt shoulder mount to this tab.
Photo #1 Here are the materials I am using as sound deadener and insulation. The deadener is cheap carpet pad and the insulation is foil coated bubble wrap. The insulation will go only on the floorboards, firewall and seat back (because radiator is behind the seat)
Photo #2 No brain surgery here, just cut the pieces to fit and smear on the sticky stuff. I am using outdoor carpet adhesive because I had half a can sitting in my basement.
Here are some shots of the upholstered cushions mocked up in the car. Note that I also covered the base support and back support with the matching naugahyde. The cushions will be screwed to these supports through the back side into the particle board base of each cushion. I will also be doing the door panels and side panels later.
Photo #1 By pressing on the particle board with my knee I compress the foam approximately 1/2" and then pull the material snug around the edge of the board and staple every inch or so. I begin the staples in the center of each side and work toward the corner. At the corner I simply make a pie cut, fold the material over itself, and staple it in place.
Photo #2 shows the completed back cushion. The seat cushions are done the same way except that two blocks of foam are used instead of one and the naugahyde dimensions are altered accordingly. Also, I compress the foam blocks a full inch as I staple the material. This produces a fairly tight fit without wrinkles.