Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Nightfire's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Nightfire's profile Entries: 14
Views: 10238
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

08-13-2006 12:47 PM 1950 Fargo - losing hope
To be quite honest, lately the Fargo has just been driving me insane. All the sudden there are so many things that need work that I dont know how to do. Im hanging in there for sure, but I'm starting to lose hope.
1) Shackles in the rear need to be replaced. I cant get the old ones out and Im having a hard time finding new ones.
2) The tranny or the tranny linkage is acting up. Im having a hard time shifting into gears and sometimes it gets stuck. I hope its the linkage and not the tranny.
3) My rear end has a leak, I need a new pinion seal. I have no idea how to take everything apart and put it back together, I dont have a shop manual either, not the proper equipment.
4) I still havent found an easy way to lower it.

Fall is going to move in fast so I need to start working on these things. Budget is tight for the proper tools, so I need to start looking for a shop that will let me borrow some equipment.

Meanwhile, heres a welding cart I build out of scraps.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

08-13-2006 12:39 PM 1950 Fargo - engine
Been a while. I have been driving the snot out of the truck for the last couple of months and forgot to update my journal. Here's the engine after I cleaned it, painted it and tuned it up. I was not able to replace the points as I seriously had no idea what I was doing. Im learning slowly. Its hard to work on it when you know you could be driving it. There are a lot of things that sill need my attention and that I'm trying to tie up before winter comes again. Took it to a few cruise in's and of course it was my grad ride as well. Ran like a champ so my date didnt get scared like I expected her to.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

09-06-2005 10:08 AM 1950 Fargo - engine
The mill for ole blue is a 218 flat 6 with a 3-speed crashbox for transmission. It's still in pretty good condition and runs smooth. I'll clean it up good and dress it up once I have more time to do it. In the meantime here are some pics

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

09-02-2005 08:17 PM 1950 Fargo - brakes
Do you have any idea how hard it is to find parts for this truck? Fortunately MidCanada Suspension was able to find most parts for an affordable price. All 4 wheel cylinders were honed out, cleaned and rebuilt with new rubbers and boots. I got new brake shoes as well. The back brakes had a split wheel cylinder which I never worked on before. I also replaced inner and outer seals with the help of my uncle and then put the whole package back together. I forgot to take pics untill I was finished so here are some finished pics...hehehe

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

09-02-2005 08:13 PM 1950 Fargo - photoshops
Here's some photoshops the crew at Hr.com generously whipped up for me. The first 2 were done by crazygutgut and the third one was a quickie by me.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3