Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: strikingthematch's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View strikingthematch's profile Entries: 31
Views: 4932
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

03-11-2007 05:14 PM Still Going
Well everyone is has been a long long time since I made an entry into this journal. After joining with the Navy here most of my free time has been devoted to other parts of life. Happy to say that The car is still up and running and when i am home it gets taken for a good ride. Most of the major things I had wanted to do are done. Sadly the fund run rather low in terms of car parts but every now and then i get a little something for the girl. Recently I bought a nice hyrd. roller cam and at some point will get the rest of the parts to do the switch over. It's the 280 magnum cam which as a hyrd. roller should do nicely with the current setup. Other addtions to note are a 3200 RPM It allows my heads and cam to come into play right when they start to produce the most felt power. Of course the classic problem of traction now comes into play. I am still waiting on getting that posi rear and new gears. Some day that will be replaced. The home made ladder bars are working great hopefully i will get some pictures of that on here. Everything else is pretty much the same. Good luck to everyone still chewing away at their projects!

[Entry #31]

08-11-2005 03:00 PM Pump pics
pump pics

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #30]

05-01-2005 02:16 PM Mounts
The rear od the ladder bars will be bolt on. They will bolt on to the stock location of the lower control arms. Thus allowing me to later cahnge out rears with no problem. Two holes where drilled through the back mounting plates on the bars and one hole was used on the stock location ofthe rear and another was drilled above it. Spacers will be used to hole it in place. Two grade 8 bolts will hold it together.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #29]

05-01-2005 02:11 PM Bar ends
In order to use these ladder bars on the street I came up with what others have and used bushings on the end. Easiest way I could fire to do this was to use the org. ends of the lower control arm. I took one of the lower control arms and cut the ends off.

They will be welded on the end of the ladder bars so I can use the bushings.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #28]

05-01-2005 02:02 PM Ladder bars 1
Well I started my next project with ladder bars.

Went to friends metal/machine shop and got what I needed.

Went off other ladder bars that I have seen. For the basic design. THen from there it was pretty simple.

I measured everything out about 5 times and cut the bars to size.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #27]

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7