Well I am WAY behind on updating my page so here we go. Decided to pull the front end off so I would adjust the doors and in the process decided to pull the drive train so I could install a new RAM clutch.
I am not putting out 500 HP so obviously not doing a double clutch. Also installing a new speedo gear and bullet as the old one was causing the cable to slip from time to time. Inspected the front end for any issue since the rebuild and the only thing I found is a upper control arm stop bumper that came off the mounting stud so ordered a new one.
Well, to start I did not like the aftermarket door I put on the right side car (I dented mine on a parking pole like a tool) so I found an OEM door off another 68 that I put on. It is MUCH nicer form and fit. I don't know if I just did not know how to put the aftermarket one on correctly or what but this one bolted right up and everything works and fits perfectly! I have a professional door hanger for my floor jack so who knows why I had problems before but this one just needed a few little "dings" repaired and that was about it. I also had to swap out my window crank and lock. Lesson learned I guess but it just feels and operates so much better!
Next I installed tubular upper and lower control arms. Everyone kept saying I would get a better alignment and smoother handling and I have to admit I think they are right!
Here are some pictures of them being installed.
Got her all back together again and she is tight and sweet!
Here I posted a before and after of her. She is ready for the paint shop and I think I found someone I like but he said it's going to take about 8 weeks to paint the car! I guess this is par for the course for top of the line stuff so we shall see. Here is a up to date list of what I have done.
New floor pans.
New toe Boards
New Trunk Pan
New Seat Pans
New Fuel tank mounts and straps
OEM Pass Side Door Shell
New front spoiler
New rear spoiler
New energy suspension motor mounts
New Door Hinges
New front inner fenders
New Core Support
New Glove box
New Battery Try
New windshield washer bottle, feeder tube and cap.
New cowl seals
New heater Core and seals
New heater blower motor
New firewall insulation pad
New hood insulation pad
New quarter window rollers
New door Seals
New control arm bushing upper and lower
New ball joints upper and lower
New front and rear shocks
New Front rotors and bearings
New rear Brake Cylinders and spring kit.
New Complete brake lines and hoses front to rear
New master cylinder and power assist
New Energy Suspension motor mounts
New transmission mount
New body mounts
New core support mounts
New leaf spring shackle bushing, pads and bolts OER
New Complete Fuel Line front to rear OER
New rubber tank fuel neck OER
Rebuilt 350/295 Date correct casting/codes Engine with original 2.02 camel hump heads
Original Muncie M21 P8R13 with new clutch and linkage VIN/P8R13 stamped on casing
New Clutch fork, throw out bearing and pilot bearing
New brass transmission thrust washers (not crap nylon)
New Intake manifold
New OER correct Chrome valve covers
New MSD Ignition
New MSD plug wires
New MSD blaster coil
New Voltage Regulator and mounting Kit
New horn relay
New kick panels OER
New Dual Dash Speaker
New front end mounting hardware.
New Console gauges OER
New shifter boot
New Tic Toc Tach. OER
New outer door handles
New rear chrome light bezels. OER
New Window Fuzzies
Had a couple problems I had to correct.
1) The motor mount needed to be changed as it appears stock ones are not going to cut it with this engine so I purchased and installed the energy suspension mounts.
2) The damn new heater core started leaking so I had to pull the front end off and replace it.
3) I had a small oil leak so I pulled the engine again (yeah I know everyone thinks I am crazy) and I replaced the rear main seal and oil pan gasket again for good measure.
I checked and torqued everything again while I was in there and it is all rock solid! My friends think I have totally lost my mind but I am not going to allow some small oil leak to mess up the beautiful clean underside of this car not to mention all the new rubber throughout! I put her back together and drove up and down PCH for 2 days, I could not think of a better test drive!!! Beach bound with the top down.. Good times!