Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: JHayman2677's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View JHayman2677's profile Entries: 4
Views: 703
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries



04-27-2004 01:21 PM Still workin'...
Well, with the bad wiring replaced, I also had to run new wiring for the new electric Holley fuel pump. Along with the relay for the fuel pump, I also installed an oil pressure safety switch. Better to be safe than sorry, I have seen some other people's vehicles burn down because of not having this safety switch, and I'm not going to chance it!

Upon putting the engine back together, I realize that the chrome headers I had planned on putting on, aren't going to work! They're chrome Hedman "Block-huggers", and I hadn't thought things out properly. I didn't realize that with the extra lift on the truck, this in turn has changed the engine mount angles, and the block-hugger headers now hit the motor mounts and won't line up properly! (I kicked myself in the *** for this one!) So, I went to the local parts store and picked up a set of DynoMax "Blackjack" headers, and had no problems!


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

04-20-2004 09:12 AM Investigating...
With the engine tore down I started looking at what I was dealing with, and then realized I was going to need to replace a lot of wiring in this beast! There was a lot of "rigged" wiring that someone prior to me had done, and I don't like leaving things "half-assed" pardon my french! The pistons look fairly new and the old stock cam didn't even the factory coating worn off of it yet. Someone had recently rebuilt this engine, and I didn't know about it! It's amazing the things you can run into in buying an old vehicle that you know nothing about, but isn't that part of the fun?


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

04-20-2004 08:45 AM Still workin'
OK, since the first few pics, I started going through the motor deciding what I wanted to do, and what kinda power I wanted to get. I tore the engine down to the block and heads, not removing the pistons until I got a good look at them from the underside. At first I was going to go with a dual quad tunnel ram intake and dual Holley 600's. I got everything together for the setup and started crunchingnumbers and decided it would be better to go with something else considering the tunnel ram is for high end rpm applications, and I really want more torque at the bottom end! Oh well, live and learn, so I sold the tunnel ram w/ all the equipment on E-Bay and actually came out $200.00 ahead!! So it wasn't such a waste of time after all!


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

04-15-2004 01:09 PM Saving the "Beast".
I'm still relitivly new to this site, but I'll do my best!
I'll just post the first pics of my Blazer when I first got it. It's a 1976 Chevrolet K5 Blazer, I bought it off of E-Bay about 8 mnths ago, and since have went through the engine, and I'm currently re-doing little things that I keep finding wrong, that I either overlooked the first time, or someone else has done to it in the past. It has 3/4 ton axles, instead of the stock 1/2 ton. A Dana 44 in the front and a Dana 60 in the rear. 35X15.5X16.5 wheels/tires, and a small block 400. The main reason I wanted the truck, was because of the 400. They're getting harder to find, and one of the best engines Chevrolet ever made! (In my opinion!)


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.