Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: custer_h's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View custer_h's profile Entries: 10
Views: 771
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

10-03-2014 11:17 PM Southwest Volusia Habitat for Humanity
In 2012 I mentioned volunteering with Southwest Volusia Habitat for Humanity. I manage their Warehouse. We build houses for low income families that would not otherwise qualify for conventional mortgages. Our mortgages are NO interest. A better deal can't be found! We build with volunteer labor so our selling prices are low AND we intentionally make NO PROFIT based on Biblical principles. Our funding comes from several sources mostly donations. One source is from our Cars for Homes Program. If you have a vehicle, big or small, running or not, car, truck, camper, RV, boat, crane, etc., that you no longer need with a clear title, we can use it! Cars for Homes will remove it from your property, auction it, and all proceeds will be given to the Habitat for Humanity Affiliate with your DESIGNATED zip code. Call 877-277-4344 or visit carsforhomes.org for more information. I have been distributing this information locally to local car clubs hoping to strike a nerve.

[Entry #10]

08-27-2014 09:36 PM Crowdrise
Progress on the 54 has been static since the last journal entry for various reasons. Has anyone had any success using Crowdrise to raise funds for hotrod projects? I'd love to hear how you approached it. Funding is one of my major impediments.

[Entry #9]

06-26-2013 08:45 PM Still More Revelations
After still more research I've learned some wanting to improve the handling of their Town Panel have turned to using the complete chassis and rolling stock of Durangos. In the meantime another option may have surfaced. It seems Kugel components may make a cross member to replace the original that accepts rack and pinion steering and disk brakes. The rest is relatively easy. However you must get beyond the request to "Measure Outside frame wheel width at the centerline and the hub to hub width flange to flange." I'm scratching my head trying to understand. I find it fascinating that I'm encountering more and more people are choosing to make this sort of adaptation to their trucks.

[Entry #8]

01-15-2013 08:31 PM Alternative to the Ramcharger front clip
I saw an ad for an almost completed project very nearly what I'm working towards that substituted a Volare front clip. Once upon a time those were thought to be very plentiful and cheap. There have been several conversations about that in the Forum here that I just found. I haven't changed my plan but I'm wondering what else I've missed in the Forums. Take a look at the pic of what I hope to achieve someday. In the meantime I'm still searching for a way to pull it off.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

12-29-2012 10:50 PM Hello 2013!
Southwest Volusia Habitat for Humanity will have 3 more families in Habitat homes shortly but not much has happened with Hutch, the 54 Dodge Town Panel. The chassis fellows scheduled to take measurements several times but never made it to do so. In the meantime I have been developing a tally on what I have invested in the project so far and what is still to be invested. Armed with this I hope to be able to persuade a to be determined wealthy investor to finance the project. A couple of new local hot rod shops have moved into the area that may be resources to move things along. Obviously the goal of Hutch moving under her own power by the end of the year is out of the question. The family has become increasingly frustrated that while a compact pickup and a two seat sports car are cool, we were accustomed to having more room to accommodate more passengers and cargo. We may be faced with deciding to abandon the project altogether.

[Entry #6]

Pages (2): [1] 2