Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: dmh_sr's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View dmh_sr's profile Entries: 33
Views: 13593
now viewing from the beginning || view most recent entries

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

04-19-2007 03:20 PM Project: 32 Ford Tudor
Below are pictures of my 1932 Ford Tudor Sedan project.

These pictures don't show what the car looked like when I got it. When I got the car (a few years ago) it was only a body shell without a frame.

Since then I've purchased separately and added to the car - frame, fenders, running boards front axle, rear axle, front axle, suspension pieces, yada, yada, yada. Also, I straightened and boxed an original 1932 frame and put new cross-members in it.

If I can find some frame fabrication photos I will add those later.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #33]

04-19-2007 03:34 PM Alt, A/C and Steering
The photo on the left shows the 1st set of Allen Grove brackets I bought. They put the alternator in the way of the steering box & air conditioning compressor too low. Allen Grove Company allowed me to return them in exchange for "high mount" brackets.

The center and right photos show the steering box bracket I built, while waiting for new alt & A/C brackets to come in the mail. I was going to use the triangular shaped bracket on the right, but I saw one that allows the steering box to sit closer to the frame and copied it.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #32]

04-19-2007 03:42 PM Front Upper Shock Mounts & Electric Fan
No new alt. & air cond. brackets yet, so time to do something else. I made upper mounts for the front shock absorbers and mounted the electric fan to the radiator.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #31]

04-19-2007 03:52 PM Firewall Clearance & New Brackets
The new engine sits back a little further than the stock engine, so I cut the firewall & pushed the center back a little for clearance.

My wife asked if she could help, so she installed the new alternator and air conditioning compressor brackets (she is so cool!).

I mocked up the steering box and steering links with the steering box bracket I fabricated earlier.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #30]

04-19-2007 04:05 PM Final Engine Positioning
After mocking up the engine with all brackets, pulleys, belts, radiator and fan, I was able to nail down where I wanted to position the engine (front to rear & side to side).

I then drilled matched holes through the engine and frame brackets and trimmed and finished out the engine brackets.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #29]

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7