Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: dmh_sr's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View dmh_sr's profile Entries: 33
Views: 14101
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (7): 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

04-29-2012 04:31 PM Battery Box, Air Conditioning Vents + Controls in Dash
We built a steel battery box that bolts to the frame under the front passenger seat (stock location). However the battery and bottom tray can be lowered by turning two long bolts made from 1/2" all thread. This makes it easier to remove.

We cut holes for two air conditioning vents in the dash and installed them. Also installed the control panel and center vent under the dash.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #28]

04-01-2012 09:42 PM Rear axle, rear suspension and brake lines finished!
Installed the limited slip carrier into the axle housing, along with the axles, new brake shoes and new wheel cylinders. Painted the axle assembly and installed it along with the parallel leaf springs and shocks.

Finished fabricating the brake lines, filled the brake system with fluid and bleed the air from the system (after fixing a couple leaks).

Also installed a “Line Lock,” an electric solenoid/valve you plumb into the front brake line. It allows the front brakes to lock independently of the rear brakes using a switch so you can do some real smoky burnouts - not that we would approve of that ;-)

And we started on smoothing a few lumps and bumps in the firewall. Danny smiles because he doesn’t realize the evil plans I have for him to help with wet sanding and prepping the body for paint . . . . . muahahaha !



(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #27]

02-26-2012 07:10 PM Bringing up the rear
Pulled the differential from the rear axle and had a limited slip carrier or "positraction" unit installed with new bearings and a pinion seal. Stripped the rust and paint from the rear axle housing and finished welding on the spring and shock brackets.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #26]

02-26-2012 07:07 PM Front Suspension, Disc Brakes and Engine
Installed the front axle and suspension, along with the disc brakes. Installed the rebuild engine in the frame with the old transmission core. Waiting till the car is closer to complete to rebuild the transmission.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #25]

11-09-2011 12:00 PM New way to empty your ashtrays
Made brackets and mounted sedan body on the large rotisserie to start working the underside. Cleaning off the rust, scale and loose paint. Will re-paint and undercoat.

A modern rear axle is bigger and needs a larger "bump" in the floor under the rear seat. A previous owner started this modification with a torch, cutting and leaving a ragged opening in the rear floor section. Using an abrasive disk we trimmed that opening into a rectangle, made sheetmetal filler pieces and welded them into the floor under the rear seat for axle clearance.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #24]

Pages (7): 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.