Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: advanced design's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View advanced design's profile Entries: 20
Views: 5667
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

04-21-2014 07:49 PM Wheels and tires
Now to pick wheels and tires before taking back apart for paint.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #20]

03-10-2014 07:13 AM Hood installed
We installed the hood for a test fit. Still some tweaking though overall it looks good.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #19]

03-02-2014 01:49 PM Running board installation
We installed the running boards for a test fit. Smoothie Fabrications built them and I am very impressed with the fit. Support brackets were bonded on with 3M metal bonding adhesive rather than the silicone suggested by Smoothie Fabrications.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #18]

02-03-2014 05:14 PM Right fender tab
More of the same on the right fender. Whittle out tab, position and weld. Came out ok.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

01-25-2014 05:38 PM Left front fender support modification
The outer end of the left front fender support didn't reach the lip of the fender and was about an inch or so inward from it. After determining the fender and support were correctly mounted, I figured this issue was a result of the new replacement panel on the fender and the placement of the outer half of the support. The previous owner had cut it apart to fit the fiberglass fenders he was installing and I welded it back together. Must have been off a bit. So I split the edges of the support, moved it to the correct location inside the lip and rewelded the edges. Whittled out a mounting tab from 19 gauge and welded it to the inner fender lip for the support to have something to bolt to.

You can see where the outer part of the fender was sectioned (weld line inside) with the panel Randy made.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4