Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 31"A"bones's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 31"A"bones's profile Entries: 15
Views: 4988
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

06-08-2009 10:43 PM Body mounting
Here i put the radiator in place and installed the hood. With all the work on the 31 my (shack) garage had to be cleaned out and rearranged so only one side of my garage will be for the car now instead of all over the place (no pics of that it was too much work). I rolled the car back in after washing all the dust off the inside and outside of the 31. I installed the rear fenders lots more work to do on those later on. I put the headlights on the fender arms and zip tied in place to see how its lookin'.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

06-08-2009 10:20 PM Frame to body
After temporarily bolting the body down i rolled it out to finish lining up the body and man it looks cool.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

06-08-2009 10:02 PM Frame to body
Well this has been an exciting task, the body has not been reunited with the frame for over 30 years. When my Pop last worked on it he was taken it apart to store in the early eighties. I finally finished removing the rust from the frame and spraying it with rustprime (I really like this stuff) I rolled the frame out and maneuvered it in front of the body. Since its just me doing the work i have to work smart as to not hurt myself, so after some grueling work I used truck straps to lift the body to roll the frame under it. I have half of the original wood blocks front, rear and above crossmember, it will still need to be shimmed for proper alignment but this is a start.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

05-28-2009 04:36 PM Roof Wood
These are different views of the woodwork my pop did. The header is also not correct and it makes the sun-visor not sit right. It would be more trouble than what its worth to try to shim what is there so the top panels will look smooth. I found a kit for about 250.00 oh well just another expense.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

05-28-2009 04:26 PM The roof
When my Dad was 13 he put a metal top on the car. He didn't know how to weld then so he screwed the metal down into the top body. I painstakingly removed the bondo and almost 60 screws. When he got the car it didn't have any top wood so he made it himself, he did a great job with no prints but i want better and unfortunately the body top is supposed to nail down to the wood and there are many gaps and i would have a warped roof, so I will need to get a wood kit so i can nail it like its supposed to be so the metal wont vibrate. I will go back with cobra long grain original top when im done.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3