Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 35prog's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 35prog's profile Entries: 40
Views: 7017
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

01-03-2010 09:20 PM More photos
More coupe shots......

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #40]

01-03-2010 09:19 PM New Years Resolution for 2010
This is going to be the year for the coupe and sedan!!! Last year, I painted a 59 El Camino and am swapping labor for the chassis setup. Here are a few detailed photos of some of the things we are making progress on. I don't have any overall photos, but will get some.

A quick rundown of the plan: a 383 stroker with Rochester tri-power and 700 R4 with a 8.8 Ford Explorer rear with 3:73 posi and disc brakes.

We have the mustang II crossmember in, the steering hooked up, the steering column shortened, motor and trans in and mounts mocked up. the radiator and front end mount crossmember fabbed. Got rear springs in.

Still to come..... Rear shock mounts, rear end shorted to center pinion, mount tank, shorten seat frame, mount brake pedal and booster.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #39]

12-06-2009 08:44 PM Done & gone today
Well, we managed to wrap it up today and send it home. Bob (owner) was very happy. In hind-sight we should have put a little more pearl on the second set of flames, they do not show as well as we hoped for. Not bad. On to the vette full steam ahead.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #38]

11-28-2009 08:33 PM Painted..
Here are a few shots of it painted. Thanks Chris, great artwork, great gun work. couldn't have pulled it off without you. There are two sets of flames, used Kustom Shop pearls and intercoat clear with SPI Universal Clear. Very impressed with this stuff compared to cost of Chrome-Illusion priced at my local jobber.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #37]

11-28-2009 08:27 PM finally wraping up.... almost
Well, it's been awhile since I updated. I had a surgery on my ankle, did not go well. Several little issues over the past few months, but we finally got paint on it this weekend. This was my first attempt at flames or any kind of custom paint work. What a learning experience!!! Special thanks to Chris and Bob for the help and patience on this project.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #36]

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8