Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: gypsypoet's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View gypsypoet's profile Entries: 1
Views: 677
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

10-06-2004 09:11 PM So it begins...
Alright, so I'm no mechanic.
In fact, any of those here that recognize me will do so by my first post, a thread about a 572 motor swap.
But, I am learning rapidly, thanks to a good friend (owns a 95' Talon that I towed from georgia for him ((buy american)) ) and to all the awesome people on this board!
So, with that still in the plans, but for me to get out of college
to do so, the stuff I can afford begins.

I figured I'd post complete "before" pictures.
The fist step here, (other than weeding out minor problems
and getting it to tip-top shape!) is aesthetics.

I'll be painting the truck in a couple of weeks, and in the mean time will be building a new cattle-catcher.
Some history will explain my entire motivation:
A good friend from my college here nick-named the truck
"The Beast", a name that has stuck forever, i like it.
Second, same friend and her partner in crime and I all started calling the cattle-guard on the front a ped-catcher. ped=pedestrian.
See, not to many cattle out here, but in the heart of Denver where i live there are lots of stupid pedestrians, so it became a ped-catcher.
Note: I have never and never plan to hit anyone, unintentionally or otherwise. Hopefully everyone can take a joke or two, since that is what I do.
Third, I am famous now for building a couch out of 3-inch steel I-beams. It wieghs roughly 300 lbs, uphoustery done courtesy of my girlfriend, and despite seculation is quite comfortable.
So my excess I-beam will find it's way into the ped-catcher if possible.

This is a 1990 V-10 Chevrolet Blazer. My pride and joy, I've done
all the work within my reach on it, and have found some shops with reasonable people around my area for major stuff, although if anyone knows a shop or even owns one please let me know!!

So, flat-black and a mean-*** ped-catcher, stay tuned!!

P.S. Yes, I had to include the "car-girl" shot with my girlfriend on the hood. This was taken at my parent's house (on thier property) up near Estes Park.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]