Got the trans shift linkage / indicator all sorted. All of the wiring and hoses finally 100% completed. The hood was put in place with all gaps nicely set. We ran the car up on the dyno to get the computer for the EFI to start learning at different loads and rpm's. Had a bit of back firing on coming a off throttle but the computer should adjust to resolve. The transmission shifted well considering how long it has been sitting idle. Will spend more time on the dyno getting the EFI dialed in as well as helping to break the motor in. The to do list before finishing is getting pretty short. Hurry up summer!
Got all of the fluid lines done , hooked up the power and fired up the engine for the first time. The Olds BB settled into a nce idle between 750 and 800 rpm. Getting some oil venting out of the filler cap so will have to build a baffle to insert in the pipe. Outside of that the engine never got hotter than 187F and had good oil pressure. The feul pressure was around 38 psi and held steady. All of the gauge package worked on the dash which is a plus as we had gone to the Olds Ralley Pack gauge set. It should not be too much longer and we will be ready to license the car.
Finally got the air cleaner assembly taken care of. We had to do some customizing in order to get the air tube routed down the path we wanted. With the intake where it is we should get a good charge of outside air rather than heated air from the top of the engine compartment. The hoses for the AC are being built so that the hoses can be routed out of sight. The wiring is roughly 90% done. The spark plug leads will also be rerouted so that they run along the side of the valve covers versus crossing over the top of the covers. With any luck we should fire the engine up for the first time later next week.
Had a bit of a hassle with the AC box and the valve cover but we managed to work past it. The Hydro Boost unit as expected gave us lots of room to work with on the drivers side.Could actually fire the motor up in the next couple of days.