Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: OneMoreTime's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View OneMoreTime's profile Entries: 30
Views: 24569
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6

01-17-2008 08:13 PM Yard Dog pic
This is the yard dog..with high tech counterweights and all..Even has electric hoist on it to make my life a bit easier..

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #30]

01-17-2008 08:09 PM Progress setting the motor
I have the motor in place now and ready to start on the motor mounts and cross member for the trans..this is a big step toward getting the build done and will mean most of the heavy stuff is done..

The next picture is the moving device I built..I have this Zuki which is old a tired so I made a yard dog out of it and mounted my engine hoist on it.. Note the high tech counterweights on the hood..Other wise the weight of an engine and trans will lift the front wheels off of the ground..Stationary wheelies anyone???

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #29]

12-21-2007 01:31 PM Parts
I found a 71 Cad for parts which gives me a 472 Cad motor and turbo 400 trans...I need to sort out the tailshaft on the trans since I have a lot of setback on the engine and every inch counts in driveshaft length..

I was concerned about the radiator as I was not sure it woudl fit the roadster but when I pulled the radiator and set it where it needs to go it is just right..Saved a bunch right there..

I have a cost estimate so far and I estimate I am into the project about 3000 at this point and I now have most of what I need to finish..the rest of what I need I can pick up at swap meets and such and the things I need to buy are just those sundry items that one needs..

[Entry #28]

11-30-2007 11:32 AM About the bench
I made that bench so I can fabricate on a level and sturdy surface..It cannot be seen in the picture but I have center lines and lines drawn across at the C/L of the axles and all measurements are referenced from those lines..that way I am always coming back to a good dimension..

[Entry #27]

11-30-2007 11:29 AM Rear suspension
I moved the coil overs to the outside of the frame for handling and space reasons..I still need to make the locating arms for the rear...I think I have it worked out so the anti squat will be in the ball park..Time will tell..

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #26]

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6